By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [RUMOR] PS4 firmware update 3.0 details leak (and it's mainly social crap)

Where is my media player and dlna soony ??

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

Community thing is good,

Youtube broadcast and twitter video is good too

PSPLUS at homepage is good

(Lol a paid service to block harmful websites, I cant imagine many kids going on harmful websites on their ps4)

Two questions for those who have a PS4, can you have folders yet? Also, do you get notifications when friends come online? Those two things drove me nuts.

poklane said:

You know all those small, little features you want such as "[username] is Online" notifications and being able to set your screenshots as background? You're not getting them WHAHAHAHAHA
Seriously Sony, pull your head out of your ass please and listen to PS4 users. The PS4 is almost 2 years old and the most basic features we've been asking for since day 1 still aren't there, it's absolute ridiculous!

Sony is the market leader. There's no motiviation to do those things when they're winning. 

I'm actually pretty stoked for this "social crap". Some of the stuff sounds really interesting.

Around the Network
Burek said:
Ruler said:

Xbox One get so many updates because it was broken the most, so its meaningless stuff like seeing how much HD space you have or making pictures? PS4 had stuff like that since Day 1.

Also i forgot Sony gave you the abillity to delete trophies with 0% around march thats another feature Xbox One doesnt have.

Again, I don't fgive a crap what XOne has or has not! It is irrelevant for my usage of PS4. I am complaining about features I do not have on a console I own.

How hard is it to comprehend? Not everything is a battle between consoles. Sometimes it's just a battle between a console and its users.

But if you insist:

- XOne has the ability to attach and use an external HD

- XOne has cloud storage of 256GB (that's 255GB more than PS4)

- XOne controller does not even have that stupid useless lantern that drains the battery like a hungry vampire.

- XOne has some other features that PS4 does not, but I do not care about those.

(As for 0% trophies, big deal. I know that X360 had that ability, sure is strange that XOne does not, maybe they are working on it)

I had both PS4 and Xbox One, so I can truly appreciate which one has what. I'll add to your list.

-XOne can play CDs

-XOne has BC

-XOne has notifications when friends come online

-XOne has unlimited cloud saves (pretty big deal for me because my little 1GB PS4 limit was reached in less than a year.)

-XOne does not cap download speeds on high end connections. (or, at least mine doesn't.)

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of right now. PS4 has some things that Xbox One should have as well, like installing games while the system is turned off, or installing them more quickly, but yeah... just thought I'd add on to your initial post.

poklane said:

You know all those small, little features you want such as "[username] is Online" notifications and being able to set your screenshots as background? You're not getting them WHAHAHAHAHA
Seriously Sony, pull your head out of your ass please and listen to PS4 users. The PS4 is almost 2 years old and the most basic features we've been asking for since day 1 still aren't there, it's absolute ridiculous!

+1 and better external hard drive implementation pls

#1 Amb-ass-ador

AlfredoTurkey said:

I had both PS4 and Xbox One, so I can truly appreciate which one has what. I'll add to your list.

-XOne can play CDs

-XOne has BC

-XOne has unlimited cloud saves (pretty big deal for me because my little 1GB PS4 limit was reached in less than a year.)

-XOne does not cap download speeds on high end connections. (or, at least mine doesn't.)

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of right now. PS4 has some things that Xbox One should have as well, like installing games while the system is turned off, or installing them more quickly, but yeah... just thought I'd add on to your initial post.

The first one is false because it is not unlimited... it is 256GB.
The second because there is nothing related with the console about connections speeds... both will work at the same speed if they are in the same connection condictions... what happens are issues related to blackbones or even NAT that is specific about console/connection (and yes I hear more issues about Xbone crap download speeds than PS4... NAT issues too but I know it is not console fault).

But you are entering in a list war situtaion where I can list dozen of features that PS4 have and Xbone not... it is useless because Xbone is still way behind in OS features than PS4.

The others points are valids considerations... to be fair the friend notification is critial and the others only low features requests.

ethomaz said:

AlfredoTurkey said:

-XOne can play CDs

-XOne has BC

The first one is false because it is not unlimited... it is 256GB.
The second because there is nothing related with the console about connections speeds... both will work at the same speed if they are in the same connection condictions... what happens are issues related to blackbones or even NAT that is specific about console/connection (and yes I hear more issues about Xbone crap download speeds than PS4... NAT issues too but I know it is not console fault).

But you are entering in a list war situtaion where I can list dozen of features that PS4 have and Xbone not... it is useless because Xbone is still way behind in OS features than PS4.

The others points are valids considerations... to be fair the friend notification is critial and the others only low features requests.

I don't think his intentions were to do a list war. He was just naming features. Possibly some that could benefit PS4.

However, I have 107 friends on Xbox. A little less than half of them have Xbox One, but are on often. I have never once seen a notification pop up saying that they're online. EVER! That's on both the PS4 and XBox One.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Burek said:

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/ps4-system-software-update-3-00-details-leaked

List of "improvements":

Main Points

• From [Settings] > [Parental Control], you can now set a service to block harmful websites from being displayed. (There is a separate fee to use this service.)

Hopefully that's not all, because all this is really underwhelming to me. Just a ton of new crap cluttering the UI.

PS4 browser is so fekking useless it basically acts as its own harmful content block.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix