By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [RUMOR] PS4 firmware update 3.0 details leak (and it's mainly social crap)

That community feature will help a lot in Destiny.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Burek said:

That was in friggin March!

This is no sooner than September.

Since you mentioned XOne, at least they have monthly updates to push this crap around. I get a March update that has to be patched 7 times with stability updates, and then I will get this update so it can add Events to my main menu which is already filled with so much crap.

And now I have to hope that all this crap doesn't destabilize my console for the next 6 months.

No external HDD? No cloud save larger than 1GB? No download list prioritization? No shutting off completely of that stupid Dualshock lantern? When is that coming? 2018?

Xbox One get so many updates because it was broken the most, so its meaningless stuff like seeing how much HD space you have or making pictures? PS4 had stuff like that since Day 1.

Also i forgot Sony gave you the abillity to delete trophies with 0% around march thats another feature Xbox One doesnt have.

Again, I don't fgive a crap what XOne has or has not! It is irrelevant for my usage of PS4. I am complaining about features I do not have on a console I own.

How hard is it to comprehend? Not everything is a battle between consoles. Sometimes it's just a battle between a console and its users.

But if you insist:

- XOne has the ability to attach and use an external HD

- XOne has cloud storage of 256GB (that's 255GB more than PS4)

- XOne controller does not even have that stupid useless lantern that drains the battery like a hungry vampire.

- XOne has some other features that PS4 does not, but I do not care about those.

(As for 0% trophies, big deal. I know that X360 had that ability, sure is strange that XOne does not, maybe they are working on it)

Burek said:
  • It is now possible to broadcast using YouTube.
  • It is now possible to upload video clips to Twitter. (10 seconds maximum.)

These are the only two things i'm kinda excited about. :/

Seem all like useful improvements. No complaints here.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

poklane said:
twintail said:

your prirotities arent really much different from those who actually like this feature list in the update.

I mean, I dont care much for what we are getting in this update, but I care just as little for everything you listed.

Maybe you don't care, but plenty people do. Every time Sony releases a firmware update I see people complain about the lack of the features I mentioned on sites such as NeoGAF and Reddit, but Sony doesn't give a shit.

Lol, everytime Sony does anything people, especially on reddit, complain, Sony can't jump at every single time people complain.

Btw all these updates, both the rumoured and the ones you talked about are entirely irrelevant to me, wake me when Sony updates the PS4 with PS1&2 compatability using an emulator that actually gives me the possibility to improve visuals and performance of those games just like emulators on PC do, until then I don't care.

Around the Network

Down with social crap, where's my cd playback, ps1, ps2, ps3, psp, vita, vaio and xperia backwards compatibility.

But seriously, I wouldn't mind being able to put video files on the ps4, which is what I still use my ps3 for. (On second thought, never mind, my ps4 hdd is pretty full already)

I wish they would do an update for allowing us to use folders for specific games and such. That would be nice. Outside of that...okay update. Still waiting on them to let me know when friends are online and go offline. Another add can be that we can be undetected online. That's something I enjoyed on the 360 last gen.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

God this community feature is all about what I wanted for Destiny... I was thinking now how I can even search for LFG ingame without need a web browser.

That will add more social features to games.

Amazing news.

Meh, nothing new I will use.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

The improvements will really help people that use social features so I guess its good.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54