By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Windows 10 Forced Updates Causing Endless Crash Loops

Captain_Yuri said:
I seem to have no issues either! But you can "Defer updates" for months if you have the pro version

Watch this be a marketing tactic by MS in order to get home users to upgrade :P

Sounds like MS.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

An unstoppable update loop. Sounds like a nightmare.
I guess the question is: If it failed the first time, why would it just keep trying without even asking you if you want to try again?

This is the problem with complete automation. If it goes wrong... well it just keeps going wrong. Can you safe boot out of it?

I went back to Windows 8. It's not the updates that made me go back; it's that it's slow compared to 8. It takes about two minutes to boot up while 8 takes about 10 seconds. Also had some sound issues. It looks very nice and organized, but will wait a couple of more months to try it out again.

Teeqoz said:
I'll be letting the betatesters bugtest W10 properly before I use my free upgrade After all, I have a year.

W8 works just fine for me, my only gripe with it was the lack of a start menu, but then I downloaded the classic start plug-in, which gives you a W7-esque start menu, and since then, I've never had any issues with W8 :-3

100% the same for me.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

I'm holding off updating on all devices until things settle down.

With MS's track record, this is hardly unexpected.

Around the Network

Good i will not upgrade to win10 will wait when its fixed

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Too many hardware variables out there, Lots of companies aren't willing to issue updated drivers for hardware that is less than 2 years old. Your update process may go on without a hitch, it doesn't mean everyone will have the same experience.

i updated to windows 10.... and now i cant scroll using my two finger swipe on my touch pad :(

aikohualda said:
i updated to windows 10.... and now i cant scroll using my two finger swipe on my touch pad :(

Keep and eye out for a "Scroll Using Your Two Finger Swipe On Your Touchpad" app in the app store for S14.99 soon :P

Thanks jlmurph!

Yea... I think I'll stick with 7.  There is almost no reason for me to put 10 on my desktop.