By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is third time lucky going to work for Microsoft?

A look starcraft is bitching and moaning again and oh look he couldn't even make a topic about the 360 without bashing the PS3. If not sony and ninty will outsell the MS console next Gen. 360 had a year head start and blew it. Ninty came and outsold them in half the time. MS will never get 1st place maybe second not first.

Around the Network

@Starcraft

You could say the same thing about the 360 (or any consoles for that matter) on launch! It had very little games, and the ones that were out were mediocre! It's his choice so just leave him to it yeah?

Squall_Leonhart said:
@Starcraft

You could say the same thing about the 360 (or any consoles for that matter) on launch! It had very little games, and the ones that were out were mediocre! It's his choice so just leave him to it yeah?

I agree.  In fact, I didn't purchase the 360 in its launch year, for that precise reason.  I was just pointing out what Sony said, and how it eventually came to fruition.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

^ Well thats alright then :D

Sega will tell you that third time's a charm.

Around the Network

I have nothing against the Japanese gamer but I believe Microsoft should not even bother next gen. Instead focus all those resources on Europe. I honestly think 360 had better games than ps3 thus far in Japan (im thinking of Japanese games like rpg's, namco exclusives...) and its just not moving units.

In fact don't even bother shipping them a single console...let them import it if they want it.

starcraft said:
pearljammer said:
starcraft said:

What happened was exactly what Sony said would happen!!! Five million fools bought in when the price was $600 and the console had no games.

I've seen you mention this several times. Am I such a fool simply because I wanted a HD movie player as well as a next-gen console which I knew I would eventually take advantage of game-wise? I had a feeling blu-ray would win, so that was a huge plus, I eventually wanted FFXIII, so it'd have been silly to purchase a 360 on a relatively limited budget with accordance to my wants.

On topic: MS has obviously made HUGE inroads in NA and, to a lesser extent, the EU. I'm not sure if they ever will make the same sort of gains in Japan as they have elsewhere. I think you are right though, it certainly is possible that MS can win next gen withough Japan, I just don't think that it is probable.

Are you going to tell me in all honesty that on a "limited" budget you bought a PS3 as a Blu-Ray player because you had a "feeling" the format would win?

I'll want Versus when it comes out in 2009/10, but I didn't buy a PS3 at twice what it will cost in 2009, in 2006. Sony had no games in 2006 and for most of 2007, but 5 million people bought the console at full price in that period, just like Sony said they would.

Sony may be arrogant, but they are often right.

Yes, I am. First of all, I said ''relatively" limited budget. It didn't break me. I was at student at the time, I was working part time, so I had a bit of extra cash to spend. **and to be fair, I sold my launch PS3 on ebay ( shamelessly for $1200 =) ), only to buy a $600 one in Feb '07.

As I said, I wanted SOME next gen gaming, wanted an HD movie player, eventually wanted FFXIII and had little interest in what the 360 offered at the time (sure if blue dragon/lost odyssey were out at the time, I may have went the other way). So this makes me a fool? As well as 5 million other people? Surely some, if not many, of them are fools. But to make such a blanket statement as you have and continue to stand by, generalizing 5 million people without knowing their jusifications for their purchases, calling them names (fools) and then complain in other threads where people call you names, asking for them to be banned (which I beleive you were in the right) is nothing less than being hypocritical, is it not?

I apologize if I come off as a jackass here, I just don't appreciate being generalized nor, like you, being needlessly called names. 

pearljammer said:

Yes, I am. First of all, I said ''relatively" limited budget. It didn't break me. I was at student at the time, I was working part time, so I had a bit of extra cash to spend. **and to be fair, I sold my launch PS3 on ebay ( shamelessly for $1200 =) ), only to buy a $600 one in Feb '07.

As I said, I wanted SOME next gen gaming, wanted an HD movie player, eventually wanted FFXIII and had little interest in what the 360 offered at the time (sure if blue dragon/lost odyssey were out at the time, I may have went the other way). So this makes me a fool? As well as 5 million other people? Surely some, if not many, of them are fools. But to make such a blanket statement as you have and continue to stand by, generalizing 5 million people without knowing their jusifications for their purchases, calling them names (fools) and then complain in other threads where people call you names, asking for them to be banned (which I beleive you were in the right) is nothing less than being hypocritical, is it not?

I apologize if I come off as a jackass here, I just don't appreciate being generalized nor, like you, being needlessly called names.

I apologize for the generalisation, it was not my intention to specifically call anyone a fool.

In a thread about Sony's arrogance I simply tried to highlight one of their choice quotes.

If you know anyone with a 360, borrow it and rent lost odyssey.  Its awesome. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

disolitude said:
I have nothing against the Japanese gamer but I believe Microsoft should not even bother next gen. Instead focus all those resources on Europe. I honestly think 360 had better games than ps3 thus far in Japan (im thinking of Japanese games like rpg's, namco exclusives...) and its just not moving units.

In fact don't even bother shipping them a single console...let them import it if they want it.

Agree entirely.

starcraft said:
pearljammer said:

I apologize for the generalisation, it was not my intention to specifically call anyone a fool.

In a thread about Sony's arrogance I simply tried to highlight one of their choice quotes.

If you know anyone with a 360, borrow it and rent lost odyssey. Its awesome.

Apology accepted. I find it difficult to argue with a screen name such as yours, anyway.

I realize that, I was only using that to justify my argument.

I do, but I'm thinking of buying one the summer anyhow. Cannot wait. I've been dying for a JRPG and to be honest, the PS3 has dissapointed me in that department big time, so far.