By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is third time lucky going to work for Microsoft?

pearljammer said:

Apology accepted. I find it difficult to argue with a screen name such as yours, anyway.

I realize that, I was only using that to justify my argument.

I do, but I'm thinking of buying one the summer anyhow. Cannot wait. I've been dying for a JRPG and to be honest, the PS3 has dissapointed me in that department big time, so far.

Try Blue Dragon (general consensus is its good but not as good as LO) but buy Eternal Sonata on the PS3 because it has bonus content.

I can't wait for Cry On, the next one from Mistwalker.  It's the studio's first Action JRPG. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I'd agree with those that suggest that the next generation has to have more for less. Someone needs to figure out a way to produce something that pushes past this gen's hardware but do it on the cheap. If the last two years show us anything about the business, it's that price matters a LOT.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

starcraft said:
smbu2000 said:

What happened was exactly what Sony said would happen!!! Five million fools bought in when the price was $600 and the console had no games.

For someone who cares so much about personal attacks, you don't set a good example by calling FIVE MILLION people fools.

Does anyone remember Windows 1 or 2?

FishyJoe said:
Does anyone remember Windows 1 or 2?

Nope i remember DOS and 3.1 i think.

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
"will they do a sony and go from domination to the basement"

are you fucking kidding me? im seriously tired of your threads and posts bashing the ps3.

and i dont think ms can expand its userbase. the same americans will pick up a 360, and it might sell well in europe. you have to remember all the ones who got screwed by MS and still have that painful image of the rrod in the back of their heads.

well, this isn't the fucking playstation forum so bitch all you want.

it was on hot topics though wasnt it?

i dont go into the ms forum deliberatley 

strategyking and CaptainPrefrences chill out. Strategyking, flamebait is not forum exclusive. Don't bait not matter what forum you're in (that goes for you too starcraft). All of you, chill, and be civil.

if they release a good product at a good price point with strong marketing that appeals to all demographics.

but that is pretty hard to do

If they can get an exclusive game or 2 from S-E at launch, a broader spectrum of games from day 1 and make XboxLive free and a $299/£250 starting price then it will sell like wild fire in Japan,NA and Others but is that going to happen... not a chance, maybe the starting price and a broader spectrum of games but i doubt S-E will support an American product from day 1 and i doubt MS will make Live free seeing as it pays to keep the servers running.. only just though.

About the MSGD (Microsoft Games Division) money wise, it is still in debt and even thought they make a profit on each X360 sold they still lose money month after month, i dont know why it might be because the Zune is part of the division... for some unknown reason.... but that will soon chance in the new fiscal year i believe, then they might be seeing a profit and if there not then it is because they are making more X360's than they are selling AND that the Live servers cost more to keep up than they get in from subscribers.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

I think the next gen battle between MS and Sony is going to be a tough one. Sony will have to be alot smarter next time around as MS have better understanding and will definitely be stronger compared to this generation.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil