By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you think about an hypothetical remaster of Demon's Souls on PS4?

Tagged games:

Would you buy Demons's Souls Remastered on PS4?

Yes 95 61.69%

No 43 27.92%

I dunno 16 10.39%

Total:154
LuckyTrouble said:

Aeolus451 said:

There's some questionable decisions that were made on game design with dark souls 2 that has me a bit worried about the orverall direction they are taking the Dark Souls series.

To be fair, Dark Souls 2 was made by the "B team". That is to say, it was not made by the team that made Dark Souls. If you watched the gameplay for Dark Souls 3, you may notice it seems more reminisicent of the first Dark Souls, which is due to the fact that their "A team" is developing this one.

In general, I think the main difference between Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 would be the world design.  More linear, less intertwined.  That's my only real negative. Some of the gameplay tweaks I actually prefer in Dark Souls 2. 

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Ruler said:

Have you even played SotC remastered? i have played both ways and the ps3 version is smoother and has more frames. Just because its running faster doesnt mean you see more frames.

Again you said you played the game in 2011, not 2014. Anyway,  the PS3 version and the PS2 game on PCSX2 run at 30 FPS constant. I don't know what you're talking about with, "seeing more frames", this is a real-time rendered video game, the number of frames produced are variable and dependent on the commands in the programming language. The only instance in which there would be fewer frames is if somebody were to frameskip, and I already said that I wasn't. 

It is frameskipping, because your ps2 version is running 20-30fps. I played both you dont

Ruler said:
sc94597 said:

Again you said you played the game in 2011, not 2014. Anyway,  the PS3 version and the PS2 game on PCSX2 run at 30 FPS constant. I don't know what you're talking about with, "seeing more frames", this is a real-time rendered video game, the number of frames produced are variable and dependent on the commands in the programming language. The only instance in which there would be fewer frames is if somebody were to frameskip, and I already said that I wasn't. 

It is frameskipping, because your ps2 version is running 20-30fps. I played both you dont

It isn't frame skipping. The emulator doesn't skip frames when the PS2 would've dropped its frame rate for the same reason that if we over clocked a PS2 and it ran the game at a solid 30 fps it would not skip frames. Frameskipping is a setting people use to skip a certain number of frames for every frame rendered. This must be used in the emulation of console games because frame rates are intrinsic to game speed in most console games (if I double frame rate my game runs twice as fast.) What is happening when the game runs at a solid 30 fps on PC is that it is not slowing down like it would on a PS2 (same number of frames, more seconds for PS2.) Nothing is skipped unless you add the setting to do so. Also, you have not played PCSX2 on a modern PC with a modern CPU capable of running SOTC full speed, so your credentials are quite sketchy.

sc94597 said:
Ruler said:

It isn't frame skipping. The emulator doesn't skip frames when the PS2 would've dropped its frame rate for the same reason that if we over clocked a PS2 and it ran the game at a solid 30 fps it would not skip frames. Frameskipping is a setting people use to skip a certain number of frames for every frame rendered. This must be used in the emulation of console games because frame rates are intrinsic to game speed in most console games (if I double frame rate my game runs twice as fast.) What is happening when the game runs at a solid 30 fps on PC is that it is not slowing down like it would on a PS2 (same number of frames, more seconds for PS2.) Nothing is skipped unless you add the setting to do so. Also, you have not played PCSX2 on a modern PC with a modern CPU capable of running SOTC full speed, so your credentials are quite sketchy.

i have played now it does still the same, i have core i7 260gtx. It skips frames because it is programmed that way. You havent played SotC on ps3

Ruler said:
sc94597 said:

i have played now it does still the same, i have core i7 260gtx. It skips frames because it is programmed that way. You havent played SotC on ps3

What generation core i7? From your GPU generation it seems to me as if you would have a first or second generation core i7, which Haswell has a 40% higher IPC over. Also what is the clock-rate of your CPU? You'll need at least 3.5 GHZ. 

I can run the game at full speed with an i5 4690k (Haswell) at 4.2 GHZ and a Pentium G3258 (Haswell) at 4.5 Ghz. 

And I don't need to have played SOTC on PS3 to know that it runs better on PC than PS2 (which I have played it on) and to know that 30fps means 30fps - period. Stop it with your anti-factual bullshit. 

edit: 

By the way, after looking into it further, ICO runs at 60 FPS on PC (with a hack) and SOTC for most people's PC's runs at a variable unlocked. 

So even better than PS3. 

Around the Network
globalisateur said:
MartinD said:
Finished it at least 20 times. Last time just 2 weeks ago. I know enemy positions and the ways (e.g. 3-1) completely out of my head. I need approx. 5 hours for a good relaxed start to end run. And can i be honest? Its still the best, even if i finished all others (dark souls 1, 2, bloodborne) many times.

Great, a fanatic of Demon's souls is in the place!

Do you think this game would need gameplay improvements / tweaks? 

Yes some would be nice. Not just an enemy replacement as in ds2 for ps4. How about - completely new enemy types - changed endbosses (e.g. all new in shrine of storms - fix the short cut issues (e.g. in 4-1) - more secret weapons - more secret npcs. Lets say not so much depending on world tendency I would love it. Oh, and less discussions online as “flamelurker is impossible“, 5-2 only can managed with 2 shields. I read so much stupid garbage....

MartinD said:

Yes some would be nice. Not just an enemy replacement as in ds2 for ps4. How about - completely new enemy types - changed endbosses (e.g. all new in shrine of storms - fix the short cut issues (e.g. in 4-1) - more secret weapons - more secret npcs. Lets say not so much depending on world tendency I would love it. Oh, and less discussions online as “flamelurker is impossible“, 5-2 only can managed with 2 shields. I read so much stupid garbage....

I am eager to see those changes in the hypothetical PS4 remaster. Send them to Sony

Since I've only played BloodBorne I would play it for sure.

But it won't happen because they keep evolving the gameplay with each iteration of Souls/Blood games.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
If they dont get carefull with the milk people might start to lose interest. We dont need ad emons souls remaster , if people want a souls gams you have adark souls 3 in a few months.

What if I want to play both Dark souls 3 and Demon's souls on PS4? Would you give me your permission to play both?