By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you think about an hypothetical remaster of Demon's Souls on PS4?

Tagged games:

Would you buy Demons's Souls Remastered on PS4?

Yes 95 61.69%

No 43 27.92%

I dunno 16 10.39%

Total:154

Sure. Give From Soft & SCEJ a chance to clean it up somewhat, maybe tweak the world tendency mechanic a bit.

Around the Network

I'd love a remaster of Demon Souls, but I don't see it happening, with all these remasters all over the place.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Why a remaster? I rather have a true sequel to it.

Yes.

...YES!

YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!

MY BODY IS READY! GIMME!

..ahem...

Yeah, I would buy it happily and Platinum it once again.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

Remaster and add new content (arcstonecoughcough)

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Never played it. I wasn't ready then.

But I will really like to see it in 1080p

Aeolus451 said:
Why a remaster? I rather have a true sequel to it.

Already discussed to death here and elsewhere:

- It's much easier, less expensive to do a remaster

- Many people would like to play a definitive edition of Demon's Soul at 1080p60fps

- It's like a new game for many others.

- The remaster ideally should be made by a company specialized in ports / remasters, like Bluepoint, while From Software continue to produce new great games, currently Dark Souls 3.

Also I do think the price should be max 40€, or even better 35€.

I wouldn't want a remaster since the game is pretty dated when it comes to visuals. However, I would welcome a remake with a modern engine. Bloodborne or better level of detail would be awesome.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I replayed it last month. The game is good but definitely outclassed by the other three games in the series. My nostalgia of it was crushed. It's still a great game but definitely has been improved upon in the other three games (and likely DS3). 

Edit: But yeah, I would probably get it. It does have some performance issues on ps3. 

Hi

I don't need it, but I would buy it because FROM deserves it.