By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you think about an hypothetical remaster of Demon's Souls on PS4?

Tagged games:

Would you buy Demons's Souls Remastered on PS4?

Yes 95 61.69%

No 43 27.92%

I dunno 16 10.39%

Total:154
the_dark_lewd said:
It's probably not necessary really but a combo of Demon Souls and Dark Souls remastered would be excellent. The original Dark Souls remains my favourite.

that would be a complicated deal as Dark Souls is a property of Bandai Namco

Around the Network
globalisateur said:
Aeolus451 said:
Why a remaster? I rather have a true sequel to it.

Already discussed to death here and elsewhere:

- It's much easier, less expensive to do a remaster

- Many people would like to play a definitive edition of Demon's Soul at 1080p60fps

- It's like a new game for many others.

- The remaster ideally should be made by a company specialized in ports / remasters, like Bluepoint, while From Software continue to produce new great games, currently Dark Souls 3.

Also I do think the price should be max 40€, or even better 35€.

I disagree with a remaster at least for now but if a remaster got people hyped enough to convince Sony/From software to make a sequel then fuck it, whatever it takes. Personally, I played it to death the first time and better graphics won't convince me to replay it again. I'm ready for the series to move along. I've been wanting a sequel to it since it was first released that stays true to the game. There's some questionable decisions that were made on game design with dark souls 2 that has me a bit worried about the orverall direction they are taking the Dark Souls series. 

I don't want to relive an experience like a really old people do or crazy movie fans. I want new numbered additions to a series over reliving a previous game.  

Aeolus451 said:

There's some questionable decisions that were made on game design with dark souls 2 that has me a bit worried about the orverall direction they are taking the Dark Souls series.

To be fair, Dark Souls 2 was made by the "B team". That is to say, it was not made by the team that made Dark Souls. If you watched the gameplay for Dark Souls 3, you may notice it seems more reminisicent of the first Dark Souls, which is due to the fact that their "A team" is developing this one.

Demon's Souls remade by itself would probably not do very well. A Demon's Souls remake bundled with Bloodborne or Dark Souls would do much better.

Ruler said:
Console exclusive should all be remastered. Sony owns the IP of demon souls so you will never be able to play it in 1080p 60 frames on PC. Thats why i am all for exclusives being remastered so there is a definitive version out there

There will be a fully functional PS3 emulator within the next 10 years is my guess. So never say never.

Around the Network

not interested

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

yeah, this is one of the few games that make sense remastering.

As long as they add new textures and perhaps even add to the visual density by adding assets, I'd want this.

The PS5 Exists. 

sc94597 said:
Ruler said:
Console exclusive should all be remastered. Sony owns the IP of demon souls so you will never be able to play it in 1080p 60 frames on PC. Thats why i am all for exclusives being remastered so there is a definitive version out there

There will be a fully functional PS3 emulator within the next 10 years is my guess. So never say never.

Even today dreamcast and ps2 emulators arent working right for most games. I rather want to have a bug free experience, and such emulator wouldnt give you true 60 frames

GribbleGrunger said:
As long as they add new textures and perhaps even add to the visual density by adding assets, I'd want this.

Obviously. The ideal would be the TLOUR and Uncharted collection treatment. Better textures, better AF, better lighting / effects, maybe better characters modeling, solid 60fps and even gameplay improvements like for UC collection.

That would be enough to improve the immersion and even gameplay (60fps) for those that have already played the PS3 game. I know the TLOUR treatment did it for me.