By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many 360's will be sold in others this week?

the week after it should be 60k

then dropping to 40k.

mM
Around the Network

Not sure, have they been mass advertising?

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

this week about 50k, next you will see a huge increase, but in the uk only. i see about 80k next week.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I think that it will have a marginal effect. okay this week, good the next, and then back to normal.

DOATS1 said:
i dont think the price cut will make much effect if any because:
the 360 is already cheaper than the ps3, so obviously the price isn't the issue.
in my opinion, the price will just mean that the elite will take the place of the premium, whilst sales of the arcade fall off the map, an the premium takes the place of the arcade in terms of sales.

I think it's just that a lot of people value the brand Sony, the brand Playstation, Blu ray etc more than the Xbox so the price would have to be lower for some people to jump ship from the PS3 to the Xbox. Im not calling one better than the other, its just how personal preference is formed. Even if you prefer one to the other, a lower price can do a lot to sway someone to either side of the equation. Even just having one from a previous generation makes you more likely to get one in the next. Especially as the price is higher so people want to feel safe in their decisions. When the price is lower it makes the consumer more willing to try other brands.

If they can get half a million out of it I would call it successful. You do have the people with no loyalty to either side, that just want the best deal at a price they can afford. They could buy it up in large numbers.

Numbers? I can't even hazard a guess. More than before? YES! More than the PS3??? Don't know! Seriously. This could be huge in the next few weeks - 100,000 a week huge or it could be worth only 20,000.

Im glad im going to be on holiday for two weeks, theres going to be a lot of #$% flying around here. "My predictionz noooooz" Im glad I have both, because this fanboy #$%^ is getting to be annoying.

Tease.

Around the Network

@Jessman

They are advertising it in the shop windows, but i am yet to see a TV advert! Funny thing the same stores are advertising the PS3 being £299 with 2 games and 2 controllers so that may interfere with MS's plans!

They probably have a small increase but probably not for long.

This will bring some sales to the machine but nothing radical ....the problem with the 360 is of another kind in Europe .It just has a bad brandname and most people dont even know the console exists .The console is already marginated in the shelves occupying periferic space .Some stores even didnt make effective the 50 price cut from summer until months later .And to be frank the console was easily found way cheaper than the official retail price so this isnt a major price cut .

It will bring some doubting people the first weeks .Hell ,I have though about maybe getting one due to this price cut .But wont create a sustained increase in demand as MS hopes .I think it may go to 70K this week ...at least thats what I think Ioi will put on the frontpage .

very good what he said

50-55K