By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many 360's will be sold in others this week?

Factors to consider:

-Largish price cut.

-Price cut will only have been active three tracked days out of seven.

-The other four days will have tiny sales due to price cut anticipation.

Well? thoughts?

Edit: Also the price cut isn't in all areas listed as "others."

MY guess would be a 10% increase (about 50k) and then a slightly larger increase next week when the price cut is in effect all week. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

60 K ?

(+33% boost)

Time to Work !

not much, people won't be totally aware until monday anyway. i preict, normal sales this week, but a sudden surge a week after.

55k average next 4-5 weeks, and then a dip right below 50 throughout the year on average is my prediction.

in belgium price drop will be effective next week and advertising become this week too.. so no change for this week but next week will be interesting!

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
55k average next 4-5 weeks, and then a dip right below 50 throughout the year on average is my prediction.

If that happened it would be bad for Microsoft.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

In fact, People are right, I believe it will be slow too.
People are not very aware of the Xbox360 so it need more time than a PS3 price cut to be effective ... It is the mission of MS to bring the light on the Xbox360 before GTA4.

Time to Work !

i dont think the price cut will make much effect if any because:
the 360 is already cheaper than the ps3, so obviously the price isn't the issue.
in my opinion, the price will just mean that the elite will take the place of the premium, whilst sales of the arcade fall off the map, an the premium takes the place of the arcade in terms of sales.

I think awareness isn't the problem of 360

the "image" is in EU (not including UK)

TBH so far I have only 1 friend who used to own a PS2 and brought a 360, no-one else..

The PS brand is to strong right now in EU, if this as I have said many time leads to a £50 PS3 price cut, the Xbox 360 will hit a brick wall..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

10 consoles for the week :D

/sarcasm

I think that the 360 will see increased numbers but nothing like what MS is hoping to see, another 10,000 consoles sold per week but not enough to de-throne the PS3 and Wii. I agree with DOATS1, if it was price that was the issue then the PS3 would never be outselling the 360 at all!