By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do Wii U owners feel disappointed?

It just shows how nintendo spit on Wii U buyers, so i'm glad i sold it and wont fall in their trap an other time, giving 400 bucks for a console that could have no more games 3 years after

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Yes, very much so.
Maybe it would be different if I would care for games like smash and splatoon, or 2d platformers, but I don’t like that type of games.
What I like the most is 3d Mario, animal crossing and Zelda.
Super mario world 3d was in my opinion not much fun.
Not a big fan of 2d mario, and this was mostly just 2d mario in a 3d world.
Animal crossing board game was just a slap in the face when I saw that.
I could almost hear the bigheads from Nintendo laughing at me, all the way from Japan.
Zelda looks great, but not only do I expect it to be on the NX too, I expect the NX will get the superior version.
And I’m not even going to rant about how much I hate amiibos.
I love the mario kart game on the wiiu, but not enough to be satisfied about paying so much for a launceday console.

It is one of the consoles with which I most enjoyed since the days of Super nitnendo . Wii U has the best games of the generation, and so far have played more than 3500 hours. I 'm not disappointed at all. Quite the contrary . I am grateful to Nintendo.

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

zorg1000 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yes, but Pikmin was first game that they had problems with and first game that was delayed.

What is ur point?

Whats was your point with previous post?

Miyamotoo said:
zorg1000 said:

What is ur point?

Explaining what Pavolink meant, at first Nintendo said they were ready for HD development then a handful of launch/launch window games were delayed (Pikmin/W101/G&W/Fit U) and all of a sudden they state that they weren't ready for HD development.

U just keep talking about Pikmin for some reason.....

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Explaining what Pavolink meant, at first Nintendo said they were ready for HD development then a handful of launch/launch window games were delayed (Pikmin/W101/G&W/Fit U) and all of a sudden they state that they weren't ready for HD development.

When Nintendo exactly said that they are ready for HD development?

I mentioned Pikmin 3 because that was first game (Pikmin 3 was ment to be launch title) that was delayed and proof that Nintendo wasn't ready for HD development. Pikmin 3 was first game on they had big HD development problems (and probably first HD game on they start working), like Miyamoto later stated.

Miyamotoo said:
zorg1000 said:

When Nintendo exactly said that they are ready for HD development?

I mentioned Pikmin 3 because that was first game (Pikmin 3 was ment to be launch title) that was delayed and proof that Nintendo wasn't ready for HD development. Pikmin 3 was first game on they had big HD development problems (and probably first HD game on they start working), like Miyamoto later stated.

Iwata said to investors before the Wii U launch.

He was trying to assure them they won't incur in loss because expensive HD development.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

RingoGaSuki said:
Betrayed? No.

Disappointed? Eh, a little. The Wii U has had some absolutely fantastic games and given us more new IP that I think will last (Splatoon, Captain Toad, etc.) than the Wii did; but overall, there was a lot of missed opportunities and the game library is a definite downgrade from the Wii and even the GC. Personally, there are no games that I've played on Wii U which have really hooked me in and made me feel like I really want to play them again, which is a first for me. It's clear that the Wii U is finished though, so I'm happy to move past this once-off disappointment and look forward to whatever the NX offers.

I don't know about that. Wii had quite a few new IPs itself, such as Wii Sports and the other Wii _____ games, Endless Ocean, Fling Smash, Xenoblade, etc.

I will agree that thus far, Wii U has gotten less games that I really wanted for it than Wii did. For as much as people complained about Wii third party support, it was actually really strong. It just didn't get a lot of the big multiplatform games. But I mean it had stuff like the Okami port, or Little King's Story, or Muramasa, or MadWorld, or Monster Hunter Tri, or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, or FFCC: The Crystal Bearers, or No More Heroes, or Red Steel 2, or A Boy and His Blob, or House of the Dead: Overkill, etc. etc. etc.

It also did have more Nintendo output, seemingly, in general, which I will say is slightly disappointing. Wii gave us 2 3D Marios (even though Galaxy 2 was arguably uneccisary), a 2D Mario, 2 Kirby games, a new 2D Wario Land, a Wario Ware, a Mario Kart, a Smash Bros, a Fire Emblem, a Battalion Wars, several Mario sports titles, Metroid Prime 3 AND Trilogy, the forgettable but still there Other M, a new DKC game, a new Sin and Punishment game, 2 Mario Party games (9 being very good, 8 being meh), a new Animal Crossing, technically 2 Zeldas (Though one was far better in it's original GC form), etc.

Wii U has not been SUPER disappointing, but Nintendo dropped the ball from 2013 onward, with droughts and an apparently lack of foresight on their part to just how much time and effort HD development could or should take. We have gotten a 2D Mario and a 3D Mario, a remake of Wind Waker, a decent exclusive in Lego City, another decent exclusive in Wonderful 101 that got ignored because they didn't advertise it at all, Bayonetta 2, a DKCR sequel, etc.

But it is true that Nintendo's own output, so far, on Wii U has been lax. Not LACKING. Just lax, as in it seems like they could have put out at least one more "big" title by now. I still hope and feel that they will put out more beyond just Zelda next year, that we'll still get a few "surprise" titles. I would hope so anyway, as I WOULD be extremely disappointed if NX is just going to come out next year so Wii U's "finished", "Sorry guys nothing more, here buy this new system we swear we'll do better next time". Iwata, before he died, said that he wanted to focus on making Wii U owners satisfied. If Nintendo intends to do that, to stick to that, then they need to support Wii U with another slate of games through 2016 and beyond, and if they were smart, NX would not launch until 2017. That way Wii U still has time to get more games it deserves, and NX has time for them to actually cook up a full slate of titles for IT, something they failed at doing out the gate for Wii U.

I ultimatley stand by what I personally said, that I'm more or less content with Wii U, though I WILL say that the vast majority of titles I'm actually looking forward to getting for it are indie eShop games. Yoshi and Zelda are the only things, right now, that I'm REALLY anticipating. Star Fox is too much of a question mark, and everything else wasn't really on my personal radar to begin with.

DevilRising said:
RingoGaSuki said:
Betrayed? No.

Disappointed? Eh, a little. The Wii U has had some absolutely fantastic games and given us more new IP that I think will last (Splatoon, Captain Toad, etc.) than the Wii did; but overall, there was a lot of missed opportunities and the game library is a definite downgrade from the Wii and even the GC. Personally, there are no games that I've played on Wii U which have really hooked me in and made me feel like I really want to play them again, which is a first for me. It's clear that the Wii U is finished though, so I'm happy to move past this once-off disappointment and look forward to whatever the NX offers.

I don't know about that. Wii had quite a few new IPs itself, such as Wii Sports and the other Wii _____ games, Endless Ocean, Fling Smash, Xenoblade, etc.

I will agree that thus far, Wii U has gotten less games that I really wanted for it than Wii did. For as much as people complained about Wii third party support, it was actually really strong. It just didn't get a lot of the big multiplatform games. But I mean it had stuff like the Okami port, or Little King's Story, or Muramasa, or MadWorld, or Monster Hunter Tri, or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, or FFCC: The Crystal Bearers, or No More Heroes, or Red Steel 2, or A Boy and His Blob, or House of the Dead: Overkill, etc. etc. etc.

It also did have more Nintendo output, seemingly, in general, which I will say is slightly disappointing. Wii gave us 2 3D Marios (even though Galaxy 2 was arguably uneccisary), a 2D Mario, 2 Kirby games, a new 2D Wario Land, a Wario Ware, a Mario Kart, a Smash Bros, a Fire Emblem, a Battalion Wars, several Mario sports titles, Metroid Prime 3 AND Trilogy, the forgettable but still there Other M, a new DKC game, a new Sin and Punishment game, 2 Mario Party games (9 being very good, 8 being meh), a new Animal Crossing, technically 2 Zeldas (Though one was far better in it's original GC form), etc.

Wii U has not been SUPER disappointing, but Nintendo dropped the ball from 2013 onward, with droughts and an apparently lack of foresight on their part to just how much time and effort HD development could or should take. We have gotten a 2D Mario and a 3D Mario, a remake of Wind Waker, a decent exclusive in Lego City, another decent exclusive in Wonderful 101 that got ignored because they didn't advertise it at all, Bayonetta 2, a DKCR sequel, etc.

But it is true that Nintendo's own output, so far, on Wii U has been lax. Not LACKING. Just lax, as in it seems like they could have put out at least one more "big" title by now. I still hope and feel that they will put out more beyond just Zelda next year, that we'll still get a few "surprise" titles. I would hope so anyway, as I WOULD be extremely disappointed if NX is just going to come out next year so Wii U's "finished", "Sorry guys nothing more, here buy this new system we swear we'll do better next time". Iwata, before he died, said that he wanted to focus on making Wii U owners satisfied. If Nintendo intends to do that, to stick to that, then they need to support Wii U with another slate of games through 2016 and beyond, and if they were smart, NX would not launch until 2017. That way Wii U still has time to get more games it deserves, and NX has time for them to actually cook up a full slate of titles for IT, something they failed at doing out the gate for Wii U.

I ultimatley stand by what I personally said, that I'm more or less content with Wii U, though I WILL say that the vast majority of titles I'm actually looking forward to getting for it are indie eShop games. Yoshi and Zelda are the only things, right now, that I'm REALLY anticipating. Star Fox is too much of a question mark, and everything else wasn't really on my personal radar to begin with.

Try XCX, if you have played XC on the Wii, and you want an open-world RPG, XCX would be a great addition to your game library.

I'm not disappointed.   But I'm not the main gamer in the family though anymore, it's was a system for my kids who are 5 & 8, for me this is the best console I've ever owned.  The games are good, and the ability for my kids to play any game off the TV is/was great.  

Virtually no 3rd party games but the Nintendo games are great.  More than enough games to keep my family happy.