By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scalebound New Detail, and Info about Gameplay, and Story

Courtesy of dualshockers,  http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/08/06/scalerbound-gets-lots-of-new-info-on-story-gameplay-world-and-much-more/

• Drew’s right arm is covered in scales and he has claws on his fingers to symbolize his bond with the dragon.
  • The dragon is controller by the AI, but can be given instructions like “go there,” “aim there,” “defend” or “attack.”
  • The world of Draconis is governed by an energy named the “Pulse,” it gives shape to nature and makes islands float, but it’s also the energy Drew and his dragon use to fight.
  • Drew can use stun attack, and a wire shot to get close to giant enemies’ weak points.
  • The energy of the pulse also fuels Drew’s dragon form, which is his superpower, turns him into a humanoid dragon that has increased attack and defense power.
  • You can cut limbs from giant enemies.
  • There are dungeons in the game.
  • There are times in which Drew has to separate from the dragon (because there isn’t enough room) and has to proceed on his own.
  • Weapons have a durability meter that decreases with usage.
  • The team working full time on Scalebound is made of about 100 people.
  • You can buy dragon armor (with in-game currency. There will be no microtransactions).
  • You can customize your dragon in several ways by using gems dropped by the enemy (horns, claws etc.).
  • If you the dragon finishes enemies by himself, you don’t get any gems, so you have to decide between slaughtering small enemies quickly, or hold the dragon back to get gems.
  • You can choose the skin of your dragon.
  • You can choose the element your dragon fights with.
  • You can fight with a number of different weapons, like sword and shield or enormous greatswords.
  • Drew himself can be customized with skill points (which are basically experience points) he receives by killing enemies.
  • Kamiya-san haven’t played many JRPGs in recent years, so it’s hard for him to compare with the story of a standard JRPG, but the story of Scalebound that follows the partnership between Drew and the dragon is at its core a very deep, engaging and emotional tale.
  • The headset worn by Drew symbolizes him getting into the zone and focus as he fights. It’s also a way for Platinum Games to introduce all kinds and genres of music into the game, including vocal tracks. The music we hear is the music Drew listens.
  • Kamiya-san thinks the definition of “open world” is a very broad definition, and he doesn’t really play open world games himself, so he’ll decline to use the definition for Scalebound, as it could be misleading. That said the enormous enemies, the awe inspiring set pieces and large battles need to fit into the scale of the world, which is a “very, very large world.”
  • Platinum Games isn’t talking in detail about the co-op multiplayer yet, but Kamiya-san wants us to imagine what it will feel like to go into a dungeon and when the boss comes it’s not just the player and his dragon, but there are three other players and their dragons, and they’re all outfitted and customized different ways. For now he wants to leave the rest to our imaginations, but he’d like us to think how great of a moment it’s going to be.
  • When Drew starts the relationship with th dragon, it’s not necessarily great. There might be rocky moments, agreements and disagreements. In order to build trust, we’ll have to go through those moments.
  • The dragon is treated like a living character, and the developers want us to to feel like it’s a live and not a pre-programmed robot.

Around the Network

I find the relationship between Drew and the dragon to be the most interesting aspect of all this. Hope Kamiya-kun goes the extra mile and allows the dragon to be a love-interest for Drew.

Ka-pi96 said:
hmm, some of that sounds good and some not so good. Was hoping the dragon would be playable since that would be awesome. But doesn't seem like that will be the case

Tell me what  you like and what you dont like about the games soo far beside the thing you mention, do you like how the map works. I thought the game will be an openworld games like FF 15 , that;s the thing i am only disapointed, beside the dragon of course

The command thing for the dragon reminds me of Onimusha Dawn of Dreams. I wonder if the commands are executed with the directional buttons as well.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Game is looking to be very interesting!

Around the Network
  • Kamiya-san haven’t played many JRPGs in recent years, so it’s hard for him to compare with the story of a standard JRPG, but the story of Scalebound that follows the partnership between Drew and the dragon is at its core a very deep, engaging and emotional tale.
  • When Drew starts the relationship with th dragon, it’s not necessarily great. There might be rocky moments, agreements and disagreements. In order to build trust, we’ll have to go through those moments.
To me this sounds like an M-rated How To Train Your Dragon, which I'm very happy about because I really enjoyed the movies (hence my username). Definitively keeping an eye on this one.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:

I find the relationship between Drew and the dragon to be the most interesting aspect of all this. Hope Kamiya-kun goes the extra mile and allows the dragon to be a love-interest for Drew.

You want some hot dragon loving?

Why not? Saving the world might get you lonely and in need of love. If your dragon features a unique bond and you're able to share your feelings with him, and vice versa, then why not some quality time, too? It refreshes the mind and body.

Edit: wronf thread mods please delete my post. Sorry.

I like to look of this. Looks like God of War mixed with Last Guardian.

Ka-pi96 said:

Why does it have to be a him? Why can't the dragon be female?

Meh, female dragons are boring.