By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dragon Age: Inquisition - Now for free in the EA Access Vault

As someone who uses their PS4, I give a meh. I don't like subscription based gaming. Not my cup of tea. PS+ is passable because the games are extra to an online service I actively utilize. Otherwise the service is ultimately temporary, and in the long run, I wouldn't be spending my money on anything permanent with EA Access. Let's ignore the fact that it deals exclusively in EA games, of which I barely play any.

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:
As someone who uses their PS4, I give a meh. I don't like subscription based gaming. Not my cup of tea. PS+ is passable because the games are extra to an online service I actively utilize. Otherwise the service is ultimately temporary, and in the long run, I wouldn't be spending my money on anything permanent with EA Access. Let's ignore the fact that it deals exclusively in EA games, of which I barely play any.

But millions of people do play EA games. Also, its a cheaper service than Xbox Live and PS+. 

If it doesn't appeal to you, that's fine. Obviously a service that offers games from one publisher isn't for everyone. But wouldn't it be nice if PS4 owners had a choice to have this service?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Damaging the industry game by game lol

I'm glad I held off on buying the game.

This service has stopped me from buying a lot of EA games I would of otherwise purchased full price.

It's not even been out a year and has had 1 DLC. This to me is weird, surely it's still selling copies at a decent price, this undermines that.

Good for EA Access, bad for stores. 

I thought the same when they put FIFA 15 on there before the season was even over.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:

It's not even been out a year and has had 1 DLC. This to me is weird, surely it's still selling copies at a decent price, this undermines that.

Good for EA Access, bad for stores. 

I thought the same when they put FIFA 15 on there before the season was even over.

EA Access is only on Xbox One. DA: I is on multiple platforms. It doesn't stop sales of the game any more than Gamestop does. It actually helps it sell even more DLC.

jlmurph2 said:

EA Access is only on Xbox One. DA: I is on multiple platforms. It doesn't stop sales of the game any more than Gamestop does. It actually helps it sell even more DLC.

The fact it's on Xbox One only is besides the point. I get your point but disagree. If this was say in November? I'd think it was okay. We've only had 1 DLC for it so far.

In the case of FIFA, that's just confusing.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
jlmurph2 said:

The fact it's on Xbox One only is besides the point. I get your point but disagree. If this was say in November? I'd think it was okay. We've only had 1 DLC for it so far.

In the case of FIFA, that's just confusing.

My point is that EA would much rather people use their service than buy a game used.

In FIFA's case, I'm sure they get enough money from FUT.

LudicrousSpeed said:
IIRC EA said games will never leave the vault. Though, imho in a couple years it wouldn't make sense to have Madden 25, Madden 15, Madden 16, Madden 17, etc all available.

As for Dragon Age, awesome. Any time I know I am gonna buy an EA title, I sign up for a month of EA Access first because they literally paying you $1 to do so. One month of the service $5. Then 10% off of a $60 title = $6. So you save a dollar and get to play all these games for a month. And I know I am buying Madden later this month.

PS owners who are fans of EA games are really missing out. I wonder though... is this like, all their next gen games? Wonder what is left that they can put into the vault. I guess there is golf.

Yeah i am thinking about getting an Xbox One and then subscribe to EA access for a month or two every year and play all the games.

Trunkin said:
Five games on that list that I'm interested in now. Fairly new games, too. Have they ever removed any games from the vault? I remember that was a concern before it launched.

Nope. IIRC EA said they had no plan to remove any game in the vault.