By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Scalebound Looked...Underwhelming

Tagged games:

DerNebel said:
bananaking21 said:
it looks like a pretty good game. the video i saw of it wasnt the best quality so i am waiting to comment on visuals, though it does seem like its not really that impressive visually. gameplay wise it looks fun, and i like the worlds style.

but that main character is just a little bitch. its fantastic, within 6 minutes he made me absolutely hate him, i honestly doubt i can manage to finish a game with a main character like that.

He does seem pretty douchey but a character like that might really speak to the whole Vine generation. Lol

i get it. he is hipster, he is cool, he puts on headphones when he fights people with a sword. but holy fuck are they pushing it, just tone it down a bit. 

Around the Network

I was expecting Bayonetta with dragons which is why I feel a bit disappointed. The combat felt off and the graphics of the level went from amazing to good when it switched from cutscene to gameplay.

It would have been nice to have a new character design that wasn't Dante or Donte but they seem to have gone for Donte personality and a similar looking character.

The framerate don't bother me to much as the game has 12+ months left to release, but I'm worried about the combat mechanics, rpg system (will you have different gear etc), dragon combat elements outside of issuing commands and the character.

It would be awesome if they have dragon dog fights in the game and I think it would a massive missed opportunity if they don't. PG has proven they can do this is Bayonetta 1 when they had the space harrier section so it would be nice if they built on it

It looked great but the combat was underwhelming, interested in how the MP will work.

This game has an identity crisis.

Is it supposed to be an action game which Kamiya and PG are known for, or some MMO-like RPG?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

He does seem pretty douchey but a character like that might really speak to the whole Vine generation. Lol

i get it. he is hipster, he is cool, he puts on headphones when he fights people with a sword. but holy fuck are they pushing it, just tone it down a bit. 

I dont know Im still liking Dante more... and yes I mean liking because I do in fact enjoy douchey characters.

Also Dante is much hotter <3

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

Yea, but maybe we just aren't the age group they are targeting here.

Teens that do this might also like this character. Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VDLPiEdp74

Was only me that toutgh that the framerate was very shitte? Aside from that, looks cool.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

DerNebel said:
bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

why? why is that even a thing? how did you know something as stupid as that even exists? why did you show it to me? why does it have 21 million views? why?

thanks.... 

to stay on topic i guess... um... yeah.. is there any good quality screen shots? 

It looked amazing IMO plus it the protagonist reminded me of old Dante so there's extra charm in that too ...

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

why? why is that even a thing? how did you know something as stupid as that even exists? why did you show it to me? why does it have 21 million views? why?

thanks.... 

to stay on topic i guess... um... yeah.. is there any good quality screen shots? 

I dunno, I somehow found it on Youtube a couple weeks ago...it was a sad day.

No idea about screenshots.