By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Shipping Wars

GRUVIA!!!!! Havent been following Fairytail lately (up to the fillers, after the grand majic games) so i dont know if something happened between those two =D

And CHROMxLUCINA!!!!!! I think they would make a great pair.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
uran10 said:

Sadly your nisekoi OTP is cliched and the girl is a terrible character that deserves the nickname uran gave her and more...

Wow....such hate towards a fictional character. 

I didn't plan to respond to your last post, since even if it's negative, I figured you're entitled to your own opinion. That being said, this character you hate so much is one of the main two characters (alongside Raku) involved with the central premise, one of the first two conceived for story (confirmed by Komi himself in an interview), and was the only named female character to appear in the oneshot. This might not mean everything in the grand scheme of things, as any mangaka can change their mind as the story goes on, but there's no doubt that Chitoge is intended to be the female lead for the series.

Now what does this have to do with your opinion? Not much, really, since you're free to like/dislike whatever you please about the story. However...when the story is stacked towards a certain character that you dislike so much, one has to wonder if maybe the manga isn't for you in the first place. I mean, there's no shame in avoiding a certain story if you don't care for a certain character type. I avoid plently of anime for that reason. But I also don't go around pretending the characters I dislike in those franchises are terrible, since it's obvious it's just that they're not to my taste.

I won't deny that my OTP relies on some cliches, but honestly, as long as it's excecuted well, I don't really care if certain characters fall into certain tropes. Some character types do a better job of drawing me in than others, and I'd say tsundere/harsh girls tend to be characters I root for, since they they often tend to be dynamic in nature. I don't really see the character type as being negative, as it's pretty obvious (at least in this case) that it's being written to develop over time. Which is honestly much more interesting to me than static characters that make almost zero progress over the progression of the series. 

This is a lot more than I was expecting to write, but honestly, I wonder why it was necessary in the first place. Why push your opinion on others? I'm sure you like plenty of characters that I can't stand...but you honestly won't see me reminding you of why I think they're "terrible" or "cliche". And I really think it goes without saying why I don't plan to.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg

" I DONT CARE! I SHIP IT!" 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Super_Boom said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

It's kind of like how Hinata's feelings were always in the background and Naruto was oblivious to them, but they ended up together.

Though that's a good counterpoint, one would like to hope Kubo doesn't sink to Kishi's level. The romance in Nardo made Twilight look like a beautiful love story. The fact that the female lead ended up with someone who attempted to kill her 3+ times over the course of the manga...my god...

Regarding Ichi/Ruki vs. Ichi/Hime, I prefer Ichi/Hime myself, but I think Ichi/Ruki is the more likely pair. It's really hard to dispute their bond. Even if it's not necessarily romantic, it's easily the most powerful relationship in the series. I think the biggest hurdle for any other pair is just getting around Ichigo's number one bond being with another girl.

It's a bit odd for me, since I usually root for the canon ship, or prefer outgoing girls that dom the hero over the sweet girls that crush on hero-kun from afar, but I guess in this case Orihime just clicked with me more than Rukia did. Though it's also true that lately I've realized that my Nisekoi OTP has a lot in common with Ichi/Ruki, so maybe I'm just growing more sympathetic. XD

Though that's assuming any pair happens of course. If I was a betting man, I'd say it'll end with Ichigo being the Soul King somehow. But who the heck knows what's happening with the plot right now. Every chapter leaves me more confused. XD

Completely agree about Naruto. I gained a lot of respect for Sakura's character after the timeskip. I lost all that respect when she still ended up with Sasuke after he legitimately tried to murder her multiple times. Honestly, all of Kishimoto's end pairings for Naruto were either poorly executed or completely random. I'm hoping that Kubo, if he does add romance, decides to actually develop it.

I pretty much feel that same way as you about IchiHime vs IchiRuki. I like IchiHime a lot more, but IchiRuki is still a great relationship and I wouldn't mind one bit if it ends up being the final pairing.

Super_Boom said:
uran10 said:

Sadly your nisekoi OTP is cliched and the girl is a terrible character that deserves the nickname uran gave her and more...

Wow....such hate towards a fictional character. 

I didn't plan to respond to your last post, since even if it's negative, I figured you're entitled to your own opinion. That being said, this character you hate so much is one of the main two characters (alongside Raku) involved with the central premise, one of the first two conceived for story (confirmed by Komi himself in an interview), and was the only named female character to appear in the oneshot. This might not mean everything in the grand scheme of things, as any mangaka can change their mind as the story goes on, but there's no doubt that Chitoge is intended to be the female lead for the series.

Now what does this have to do with your opinion? Not much, really, since you're free to like/dislike whatever you please about the story. However...when the story is stacked towards a certain character that you dislike so much, one has to wonder if maybe the manga isn't for you in the first place. I mean, there's no shame in avoiding a certain story if you don't care for a certain character type. I avoid plently of anime for that reason. But I also don't go around pretending the characters I dislike in those franchises are terrible, since it's obvious it's just that they're not to my taste.

I won't deny that my OTP relies on some cliches, but honestly, as long as it's excecuted well, I don't really care if certain characters fall into certain tropes. Some character types do a better job of drawing me in than others, and I'd say tsundere/harsh girls tend to be characters I root for, since they they often tend to be dynamic in nature. I don't really see the character type as being negative, as it's pretty obvious (at least in this case) that it's being written to develop over time. Which is honestly much more interesting to me than static characters that make almost zero progress over the progression of the series. 

This is a lot more than I was expecting to write, but honestly, I wonder why it was necessary in the first place. Why push your opinion on others? I'm sure you like plenty of characters that I can't stand...but you honestly won't see me reminding you of why I think they're "terrible" or "cliche". And I really think it goes without saying why I don't plan to.

I feel like this would be accurate here:

Around the Network
Jranation said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg

" I DONT CARE! I SHIP IT!" 

Loll that is one epic video

@_@

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

90% of non canon ships suck

Garnet is best OTP

TheGoldenBoy said:

Completely agree about Naruto. I gained a lot of respect for Sakura's character after the timeskip. I lost all that respect when she still ended up with Sasuke after he legitimately tried to murder her multiple times. Honestly, all of Kishimoto's end pairings for Naruto were either poorly executed or completely random. I'm hoping that Kubo, if he does add romance, decides to actually develop it.

I pretty much feel that same way as you about IchiHime vs IchiRuki. I like IchiHime a lot more, but IchiRuki is still a great relationship and I wouldn't mind one bit if it ends up being the final pairing.

I think the big problem with Kishi's pairings was that it seemed like their feelings were only meant as character backdrops, and he really didn't have a plan for who would get with who. He was teasing every pairing all the way up to the final fight (at least based on what I read, I actually dropped the manga around 600 or so), and the ending basically seemed like he was tossing dice to decide who would get with who. Some I didn't mind (Shika/Tema, Sai/Ino), but the others were just so random, it felt like I was reading some fan-fic.

I could go off on a rant about Sakura, but I feel the same as you. I thought she had a lot of potential, only to be crapped on over and over again. I wasn't as big of a fan of Hinata's character, so I was hoping Sakura would end up with someone she could maximize that potential with. Ending up with Sasuke really ruined any chance of that, which is one of the gripes leading up to me dropping the manga (among other things; I thought the story had some real problems that don't really need mentioning in this thread XD)

I like to give Kubo credit for how he writes ships, as there really isn't anything that would disappoint me. I could also get into Ichi/Nel, Ichi/Yoru, Grimm/Hime, Ulqui/Hime, etc. The only thing I worry about is whether or not the ship will happen before one of the partners dies...which seems to happen a lot XD;

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I think the big problem with Kishi's pairings was that it seemed like their feelings were only meant as character backdrops, and he really didn't have a plan for who would get with who. He was teasing every pairing all the way up to the final fight (at least based on what I read, I actually dropped the manga around 600 or so), and the ending basically seemed like he was tossing dice to decide who would get with who. Some I didn't mind (Shika/Tema, Sai/Ino), but the others were just so random, it felt like I was reading some fan-fic.

I could go off on a rant about Sakura, but I feel the same as you. I thought she had a lot of potential, only to be crapped on over and over again. I wasn't as big of a fan of Hinata's character, so I was hoping Sakura would end up with someone she could maximize that potential with. Ending up with Sasuke really ruined any chance of that, which is one of the gripes leading up to me dropping the manga (among other things; I thought the story had some real problems that don't really need mentioning in this thread XD)

I like to give Kubo credit for how he writes ships, as there really isn't anything that would disappoint me. I could also get into Ichi/Nel, Ichi/Yoru, Grimm/Hime, Ulqui/Hime, etc. The only thing I worry about is whether or not the ship will happen before one of the partners dies...which seems to happen a lot XD;

A lot of Bleach forum-goers would often joke that Ichigo would die before getting together with Rukia/Orihime, lol.