By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Shipping Wars

Super_Boom said:
uran10 said:

That's definitely an exaggeration. I could see the argument that Raku's problems are usually resolved from help through other characters, but to say Chitoge helps him the least is far from true. Heck, even in Chapter 1 she spent all night looking for his giant locket, and since then has helped fix the locket, make him bentos, and staying by his side while he was sick. Even more than that though, she supports him emotionally, and she's one of the few people he's able to be himself around. 

And I'd also argue Raku fell for Chitoge much earlier than 2 years. His feelings have been hinted at since they were locked in the shed back in the early chapters, and it's been shown pretty fairly consisently since. If hints aren't enough, Hana was pretty clear about his feelings in Chapter 60 or so. This really isn't a new thing. XD Though I do imagine Raku will remain ignorant until the story is near its end...since the tension is one of the draws of the manga.

The thing about chapter 1 was that it was her fault that it was lost, it was also her fault that the locket broke (which should disqualify her from being the girl from the past. Unless she turned it the wrong way (which she didn't) the locket would have opened instead of breaking. The bento goes back to my original point of only trying to further her relationship with him and not looking out for his well being but that last part with the sickness (which is something I don't remember) is the only part I would say counts. I'm pretty sure he wasn't in love with chitoge after the 1st year, He might have started to develop feelings for her back then but he didn't fall for her yet, he was more looking out for her like he does with everybody. He always puts 120% into others before himself regardless of who they are so I can't count this part.

That's...pretty interesting. The arc that made you hate that character is what really made the ship into my OTP. The slap scene was such a stark contrast to how most of the relationships are drawn. It was such a powerful moment for both of them, and seeing their reactions to it absolutely killed me. Chitoge cried over how she wasn't able to voice her feelings, and Raku could only think of how painful it was to have her so angry with him. After that...honestly, every other ship felt like a joke to me. I do still like the other girls, but it was obvious how much more care Komi puts into the main relationship over everyone else's.

And though it's true that it wasn't entirely Raku's fault, I took the scene at the beach as being pretty cruel on his part. The fact she was asking that question in the first place was enough evidence that something had changed in their relationship, and it was shown afterwards that Raku's answer wasn't completely sincere in the first place. He didn't mean to hurt her, but it was clear in his retrospect that that was exactly what happened.

Of course, you could argue that she should have apologized for the slap, but in the context of the scene, it didn't seem all that necessary. Chitoge is a character for whom actions speak much louder than words, as seen all the way back in Chapter 1, and her actions following the apology left me satisfied with the result. To me, showing remorse for her actions, and supporting Raku when he needed it are more than enough.

Of course he puts more care into the relationship, he is pretty much pushing it down the reader's throat at every chance he gets to try to sway the readers who prefer the other girls and to push his original idea to the forefront (something I wish the creator of nanoha did instead of falling into the yuri box). I didn't see the part at the beach as cruel, I see it as being honest and he was being honest. That's how he felt at that point in time but the way chitoge reacted was what made me dislike her. Yes you're a tsun but that's too much right there. He did nothing wrong if something like that happened to me and the girl wasn't strong like a gorilla I probably would have gotten anrgy enough to throw my morals out the window and hit her, but that's just me. She may be remourceful for her actions but feeling something and voicing it are two different things. If voicing it didn't mean more than my OTP would be together and nisekoi would be over in the chapter with the baseball through the window.

Much of this ties into my early responses. The only thing I have to add is that, as the female lead, many of Chitoge's stories will tend to follow her. The other girls are important, but as support cast members (this is mostly verbatim, but I consider anyone outside of the main premise to be part of the support cast), their role is tied into Raku's story most of the time. Meanwhile, Raku and Chitoge, as the lead characters, tend to be presented with problems, and rely on friends to get over those problems. That's the only way I can possibly interpret your opinions on the various characters, since my interpretation has always been quite the opposite.

I do hope that Chitoge helps Raku in a situation similar to what happened with Hana, since I think that'll be a good catalyst to him realizing his feelings, but I still stand by that Chitoge's support tends to be more emotional, rather than obvious.

The main cast, the true main cast are Raku, Chitoge and Onodera. The story circles around these 3 from the get go. As a fake couple the two of them will go through more than him and onodera but there is a reason why she is also on the cover. I do wish she would get character development more but her character is solid and its impossible to advance her relationship with raku without them getting together which is why Onodera will eventually become stagnant if she hasn't already, before the story ends.

Opinion...opinion...see above.

Also, it doesn't count if she doesn't actually apologize? What? Of course it counts, we the reader are seeing her thoughts and actions. It seems to me like a lot of our disagreement stems from whether we're treating these scenes as elements in a story, or actual living people. I root for characters, but there's really a limit to much vicariousness should impact your opinion.

We the reader see it, but the other characters don't hear it. If a character confesses to another in their head without actually doing it then does that mean they confessed and that it counts? No. Or again Onodera and Raku would be together already. I see this as a SOL anime so it should be more to actual living people which is where I'm coming from. My opinion comes from other anime. From the start the character I dub the "interloper" (the one who clearly comes between two characters who are in love or are childhood friends) usual win and they usually don't deserve to in my eyes as they never do as much as the childhood friend. If I had to say Nagi no Asukara is what really made me dislike this trope. (PS this response is very much why I chose onodera in the first place and she grew on me as the story went on)

Responses in bold. I appreciate you bringing points forward this time, rather than just coming across as antagonistic.

Responses to your responses in bold XD. But coming off as the bad guy is more fun for me :P. Anyway Your OTP is going to come true, I'm going to rant like hell when it does and curse komi along with the countless Onodera fans in Japan and I probably wont read his next manga cause I'm quite fed up of the interloper cliche and try to avoid it at all costs. Anyway at this point we've basically agreed on most parts which means this argument is pretty much over :(

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I don't think anyone is that batshit crazy here.

Good point.

I think it was at its worst when some girl attempted suicide because of ships :/

Or when when the writers and producers actually try to please them like they did with Arrow.

Damn, I hate tumblr.

uran10 said:

The thing about chapter 1 was that it was her fault that it was lost, it was also her fault that the locket broke (which should disqualify her from being the girl from the past. Unless she turned it the wrong way (which she didn't) the locket would have opened instead of breaking. The bento goes back to my original point of only trying to further her relationship with him and not looking out for his well being but that last part with the sickness (which is something I don't remember) is the only part I would say counts. I'm pretty sure he wasn't in love with chitoge after the 1st year, He might have started to develop feelings for her back then but he didn't fall for her yet, he was more looking out for her like he does with everybody. He always puts 120% into others before himself regardless of who they are so I can't count this part.

I didn't want to turn this into an actual pairing moment list war, but those were the first examples to come to mind. I think Chapter 1 was pretty pivotal, since it not only showed a strong sense of responsibility, but also how much it bothered her that Raku disliked her. Even as far back as when she legitimately disliked him.

For the record though, there were actually two chapters I had in mind where Raku was sick. There was an early chapter where Chitoge and Onodera both nursed Raku while he had a cold, and ended with Chitoge holding his hand while he slept...and then a more recent one where he had apendicitis. Both chapters featured other girls, but Chitoge's feelings were definitely at the forefront.

I suppose I should have clarified, when I say he began to fall for her, I mean that the reader is beginning to see hints of it. It definitely grows as the story goes on. I really doubt he'll come to terms with it until the end of the manga, which maybe you could define as "falling for her". But I suppose that's just semantics. 

Of course he puts more care into the relationship, he is pretty much pushing it down the reader's throat at every chance he gets to try to sway the readers who prefer the other girls and to push his original idea to the forefront (something I wish the creator of nanoha did instead of falling into the yuri box). I didn't see the part at the beach as cruel, I see it as being honest and he was being honest. That's how he felt at that point in time but the way chitoge reacted was what made me dislike her. Yes you're a tsun but that's too much right there. He did nothing wrong if something like that happened to me and the girl wasn't strong like a gorilla I probably would have gotten anrgy enough to throw my morals out the window and hit her, but that's just me. She may be remourceful for her actions but feeling something and voicing it are two different things. If voicing it didn't mean more than my OTP would be together and nisekoi would be over in the chapter with the baseball through the window.

The main cast, the true main cast are Raku, Chitoge and Onodera. The story circles around these 3 from the get go. As a fake couple the two of them will go through more than him and onodera but there is a reason why she is also on the cover. I do wish she would get character development more but her character is solid and its impossible to advance her relationship with raku without them getting together which is why Onodera will eventually become stagnant if she hasn't already, before the story ends.

Another argument of semantics...though I suppose I can agree that Onodera is more important than Marika, Tsugumi, etc. The thing is, the manga almost feels like two stories squeezed together sometimes. The larger cast is important to the Promised Girl storyline, but the original plot that we see in the one-shot, and that the manga is named after, really only concerns two characters. Considering how contrived the stupid locket story feels (I won't even try to defend that...honestly everything about that stupid promise locket feels like Komi could troll us next time it's brought up), I consider the original "false love" plot to be what the series is really centered around. And since that storyline really doesn't involve Onodera, I have a tough time thinking of them all in same character tier.

We the reader see it, but the other characters don't hear it. If a character confesses to another in their head without actually doing it then does that mean they confessed and that it counts? No. Or again Onodera and Raku would be together already. I see this as a SOL anime so it should be more to actual living people which is where I'm coming from. My opinion comes from other anime. From the start the character I dub the "interloper" (the one who clearly comes between two characters who are in love or are childhood friends) usual win and they usually don't deserve to in my eyes as they never do as much as the childhood friend. If I had to say Nagi no Asukara is what really made me dislike this trope. (PS this response is very much why I chose onodera in the first place and she grew on me as the story went on)

I think where we disagree is that I don't consider those examples to be the same. Onodera's inability to confess is a plot device to keep the ships in a state of status quo, while Chitoge's inability to apologize is intended solely for the reader to see. It's intended to make her more sympathetic, since obviously she'd seem much worse if she just shrugged it off like it she didn't care in the first place. Since it's never been established in canon that people (or just Raku) resents her for being unable to apologize, it's safe to assume it's not a serious issue that she needs to be redeemed for. 

Basically, one is an in-universe plot device, one is solely for the audience. 

Responses to your responses in bold XD. But coming off as the bad guy is more fun for me :P. Anyway Your OTP is going to come true, I'm going to rant like hell when it does and curse komi along with the countless Onodera fans in Japan and I probably wont read his next manga cause I'm quite fed up of the interloper cliche and try to avoid it at all costs. Anyway at this point we've basically agreed on most parts which means this argument is pretty much over :(

No worries, I guess you just came off as more abrasive than I'm used to. I've spent...god...so many years on shipping forums debating some of this seemingly pointless stuff XD I guess I'm used to arguing over whether or not my ship will be canon, so someone telling me my ship sucks but will be canon kinda makes me adjust my usual stance. 

I'm basically out of LAPs at this point, so I guess that's it...unless I repeat stuff I already said. I'm glad our 7DS ships mostly overlap. At least we can agree on something XD

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:

I'm basically out of LAPs at this point, so I guess that's it...unless I repeat stuff I already said. I'm glad our 7DS ships mostly overlap. At least we can agree on something XD

Well there really isn't much choice in 7DS lol. Ban is love sick for elain and its such a cute story, diane and King have been going through hell so I hope they find their way back to each other. Liz and Mel.... I think she is a reincarnation of the first Liz who he loved tbh.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD