By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rocket League 'Absolutely' Coming to Additional Platforms, Says Dev

yeah it will see an XB1 release then

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
That's good but if I were Sony, I'd try to keep it as an exclusive.

I doubt it would be worth it financially.

Awww. No more downplay for this game.

Bring on the PlayStation Vita version. This game would be even better on the best mobile platform.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

poklane said:
MoHasanie said:

True, plus a football game appeals more to a European audience anyways. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

The great thing about PC+PS4 is cross platform play, which means the ranked scene is one pool of players, the only limitation being that PS4 and PC players can't team up. Not sure how it will work in a LAN environment for pro competitions. I assume Psyonix will have to choose a single platform, which one assumes will have to be the platform with the biggest player base, unless there is a hat of money handed out to convince Psyonix to choose a lower player base platform as the official competition platform.

If an Xb one version uses the same servers as the PC version then that could in theory mean cross platform play remains across 3 platforms. But I wonder if MS will go for that. I don't think there is any chance of MS or Sony being into the idea of a direct interlink between PS4 and Xb one players operating on their own networks, so the connection would have to be via a common server that both platforms are willing to interact with, namely PC.

I assume Vita can cross platform with PC and PS4 no problem.

So that leaves Nintendo somewhat out on a limb.

I would have liked to get Psyonix's view on the cross platform possibilities when they expand to more platforms. Is it something that would be a deal breaker, or are they happy to have unconnected player pools?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

MoHasanie said:
poklane said:
MoHasanie said:

But cars appeal to Americans. It also seems that Twitch viewership is highest during American typical playing hours, though that might be due to South America rather than North America.

In terms of your first post, the timed exclusive nature of this is good enough along with the release month being "free" to PSN+ subscribers. It's created an enormous buzz and the biggest player base currently is on PS4, so whatever potential Rocket League had for helping PS4 in the console hardware competition, it will have played out well before any Xbox or Nintendo version comes along. And somewhat like FPS for Xbox, PS4 will be known as the place for Rocket League even if a next iteration releases simultaneously on several platforms.

In terms of the non-parity parity clause, I would think that any future Xb one version will contain all the DLC at no extra cost as the "something special". Which is fair enough, I expect it for PS4 RoTR, and what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
MoHasanie said:

But cars appeal to Americans. It also seems that Twitch viewership is highest during American typical playing hours, though that might be due to South America rather than North America.

I thought car/ racings games did better in Europe as well? 

MoHasanie said:
binary solo said:

Track / rally / street / sim racing yes, kart racing seems to be more popular in North America, or at least equally popular. Rocket League is more kart-racer-esque, hence will probably appeal to the NA car gaming sensibilities.

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
MoHasanie said:

Track / rally / street / sim racing yes, kart racing seems to be more popular in North America, or at least equally popular. Rocket League is more kart-racer-esque, hence will probably appeal to the NA car gaming sensibilities.

That's true. I guess it has the potential to be pretty popular if it comes to Xbox.