By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rocket League 'Absolutely' Coming to Additional Platforms, Says Dev

They should make a top down version for the Vita.

Around the Network
BOLLOCKS said:

How would that even work?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
BOLLOCKS said:

Like Fifa.

BOLLOCKS said:
vivster said:

Like Fifa.

Except that in FIFA the ball being in the air doesn't matter, in Rocket League it does. How exactly are you supposed to block balls going through the air from a top down view?

OT: If they go to Xbox One I wonder how they'll handle cross-play, if they'll even have it which I doubt. Psyonix seems to want to have one big playerbase, so Xbox One-PC cross-play seems out of the question as they'd somehow have to manage PC players having possibility of connecting with both PS4 and XB1, but no PS4 and XB1 connecting to eachother. Could be a challenge.

poklane said:
BOLLOCKS said:
vivster said:

Like Fifa.

Except that in FIFA the ball being in the air doesn't matter, in Rocket League it does. How exactly are you supposed to block balls going through the air from a top down view?

OT: If they go to Xbox One I wonder how they'll handle cross-play, if they'll even have it which I doubt. Psyonix seems to want to have one big playerbase, so Xbox One-PC cross-play seems out of the question as they'd somehow have to manage PC players having possibility of connecting with both PS4 and XB1, but no PS4 and XB1 connecting to eachother. Could be a challenge.

Why would PS4 and X1 players not be able to play together? There are dedicated servers. These are Psyonix servers which track all players connecting to it. It's pretty much irrelevant from which device the connection originates.

That's why there is random cross play and no cross platform parties. But they're going to use a generic system for that as well(session keys for example). I really don't think there is any problem connecting all platforms.

Unless of course there are some stupid contract clauses.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

A last gen version of rocket league would be awesome.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Well there is SRPABR

Great this game needs to be on all systems because is amazing

vivster said:
poklane said:

Why would PS4 and X1 players not be able to play together? There are dedicated servers. These are Psyonix servers which track all players connecting to it. It's pretty much irrelevant from which device the connection originates.

That's why there is random cross play and no cross platform parties. But they're going to use a generic system for that as well(session keys for example). I really don't think there is any problem connecting all platforms.

Unless of course there are some stupid contract clauses.

Microsoft, they seem completely against PS4-XB1 cross-play. War Thunder, FF XIV... Also the W10-XB1 cross-play works via XBL, right?

That's good but if I were Sony, I'd try to keep it as an exclusive.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54