By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic Games 2015: PS4 is the number 1

PS2 days rearing its head again. Its happening people!

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:

I was trying to do playstation fans a service, but I guess when the inevitable pc games can be stream to xbox one (already being worked on and technically you can do it now with third party apps) xbox fans can include the millions of pc games. I still won't count it because you still can't play the games without a ps3 or pc in some form or way thus not being part of the systems library, but whatever.

That's not the same at all...because you litterally need to own a gaming PC with the games on it to play them on the Xbox One. That's the same as saying the Vita has more games than it does thanks to streaming from the PS4.

To reiterate:

With PSNow, SONY needs to have modified PS3 systems to allow you to stream the games. Just like Netflix needs server banks to allow you to stream movies and shows.

With PS4 to Vita, or (possible, eventual) PC to Xbox streaming, YOU need to own the hardware and software to run on the secondary device.

Its true we need to own the pc as well as the games for xbox/pc streaming as well as ps4/vita (unless steam streaming becomes a thing). However, you can actually OWN the games with pc/xbox streaming and not reliant on subscription fees. Just like all the games being listed on metacritic that we are discussing, so it can be more comparable in that regard. So there is advantages and disadvantages with both to be honest. Still doesn't change the fact you need the custom ps3 in some form or way ("need" doesn't equal "own" btw) just like the PC. Actually, I may not need to own a pc/vita because of my friend or neighbor will allow me to stream games from his device.

BraLoD said:
The GOTY is going either for TW3 or F4, because big open world WRPGs are dominating it.
But I would still go with MGS5, because it does have a chance.

Persona 5 just can't win, even if it does deserve it.
Bloodborne was already outshined by TW3, sadly.

Bloodborne and Witcher 3 appeal to difference audiences. How can one outshine the other?

GOTY

Fallout 4
Bloodborne
MGSV

The others games won't have chance in my opinion.

BraLoD said:
ethomaz said:
GOTY

Fallout 4
Bloodborne
MGSV

The others games won't have chance in my opinion.

Are you seriously excluding The Witcher 3?
It's the best contender right now (not my personal opinion, but from what I see).

Yes.

It is an amazing WRPG with a bad and simple combat system... they had to work more in this part.

Bloodborne has a way way better gameplay combat and so it is ahead in my view for GOTY.

MGSV and Fallout 4 are expectations yet but if the first is like or better than Ground Zeroes then it really have a chance and I will never discard Fallout.

Around the Network

Don't forget Uncharted Collection.

Why do people think only open world games can be goty? Such narrow-mindedness...

Snoopy said:
Shiken said:

Of course!  But if that can be argued, we must include all titles offered on PS Now, which is a service avaliable on the PS4.  That said, it does not matter how they pull it off, just that you can and do.  =P

I was trying to do playstation fans a service, but I guess when the inevitable pc games can be stream to xbox one (already being worked on and technically you can do it now with third party apps) xbox fans can include the millions of pc games. I still won't count it because you still can't play the games without a ps3 or pc in some form or way thus not being part of the systems library, but whatever.

But the thing is, you only need to buy a PS4 to use PS Now on it.  To stream from PC to X1 you must buy a gaming rig AND an X1.  Nice try, but totally different cases.  ;)

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

halo 5 or fallout will win

The Witcher 3 GOTY

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3