By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why are Wii games so freakin' expensive??

ps3-sales! said:
Paatar said:
The Last Story, Skyward Sword and Xenoblade are all amazing games that are worth the money, even if it is not very practical.
Thankfully like you said, The Last Story is only $30.

If you want the other two for a cheaper price, I suggest getting off Amazon or Ebay Used. Those don't cost as much. Or go to Gamestop and try and find one. Good luck.

Well as soon as I finish a couple ps4 games I will definitely pick up last story. 

But I'm not paying over 50 for a Wii game. Let alone 80. No matter how good the game is. I'm a bit cheap. Lol. 

I wouldn't pay over $50 either. I'm just saying the quality in those two games is what is worth it. :)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

Because Nintendo, this is why most of my Wii games are used (thank god I didn't pay full price for Skyward sword)

Meanwhile Calling went from 60 in new condition, to 19, and its back at 45.... How did them little stores got newer prints of an old Hudson game? I've no idea.

I remember the limited edition of Cursed Mountain being sold in new condition for less than 20, try finding it at that price now.

Kirby Returns To Dreamland never dropped below 40, even in used condition. I doubt the eShop release will do much to lower the demand for physical copies.

XSEED's Ju-On game is very rare, used copies don't go below 40, unless its a very special case.

Pandora's Tower released at 40 (IIRC), went down to 20 at XSEED's store (where I got it), and 30 everywhere else... Now its above 40 again, XSEED doesn't carry it anymore.

I should buy The Last Story from XSEED before they run out of supply.

I can only imagine Nintendo will release Xenoblade for the virtual console when X comes out.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

slab_of_bacon said:
I can only imagine Nintendo will release Xenoblade for the virtual console when X comes out.

That would kill the sales of the 3DS version

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:
slab_of_bacon said:

That would kill the sales of the 3DS version

I agree it would lessen overall sales but not every 3DS owner is a Wii U owner.  

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

This is why I keep telling people to buy a Wii U now and the rare games. cause some end of gen when you suddenly want to play some of those games they may end up costing you $100+ a game.

Just look at retro Nintendo console game prices vs say a PS2. Less console sale = less games out there = more value.

Or just look at the supply vs demand graph posted in this post lol.

ps3-sales! said:
Paatar said:
The Last Story, Skyward Sword and Xenoblade are all amazing games that are worth the money, even if it is not very practical.
Thankfully like you said, The Last Story is only $30.

If you want the other two for a cheaper price, I suggest getting off Amazon or Ebay Used. Those don't cost as much. Or go to Gamestop and try and find one. Good luck.

Well as soon as I finish a couple ps4 games I will definitely pick up last story. 

But I'm not paying over 50 for a Wii game. Let alone 80. No matter how good the game is. I'm a bit cheap. Lol. 

If you are being absolutely ripped off being asked prices like 100+ for used wii games from 3rd parties you might consider modding your wii, I'm sure the thought of stealing money from Nintendo is of course bad... but you aren't talking about giving cash to Nintendo for these rare games, they simply didn't print enough of them and scalpers are cashing in on that fact on ebay or even shops like gamestop have pushed up the price of rarer Wii games, none of this money you pay would go back to the big N in the sky anyway.

I have my launch day wii modded simply for convience sake, the online service to the console was shut down so there was no risk of running into issues online and Wii games just aren't available new anymore here with my local 2nd hand market filled with 100s of copies of the same few popular games.

Might not be a popular opinion but for me Legit games > Piracy > Scalpers.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I have Xenoblade on Wii! :))
You should get it on the new 3DS if you plan on getting one in future

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

tolu619 said:
I have Xenoblade on Wii! :))
You should get it on the new 3DS if you plan on getting one in future

Heard that port of it is meant to be fairly poor compared to the original Wii game tho?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive