By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464
RolStoppable said:
Arkaign said:
^^ Before the monstrous slew of injuries I would have agreed with that NYG potential.

They have nearly no O line or safeties of NFL quality. The rest of the defense is a question mark (JPP, their hands-down best defensive player STILL has yet to report in and join the team).

They actually have a shot at being worse than the Redskins this year, though I still think we're talking a 6-10 to 7-9 finish for NYG, and 3-5 wins for WAS.

Nobody will be worse than the Redskins this year. It's simply not possible. They are already a mess and they haven't even played a single regular season game yet.

Teams with a worse record than the Redskins so far :

Seahawks

Colts

Eagles

Giants

Ravens

Texans

Lions

Bears

Saints

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Around the Network

Blowing games: so easy, a caveman can do it.

Arkaign said:
noname2200 said:
Arkaign said:
Maybe it's a 1 in 100 shot, but I could see the Eagles, Boys, and Giants all falling apart to the point that if the Skins put together some runs it could be like that situation where 8-8 takes the division.

bump :)

Seven wins to go. Somehow, I'm not exactly worried

P.S. Just incase anybody missed this amazing catch.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Maybe it's just because the season's early, but it feels like the entire NFL has somehow gotten worse.

The two best teams are the Patriots minus just about their entire starting secondary from last season, and the Jordy Nelson-less Packers. Two of the four conference championship game participants from last year are 0-2. The popular dark horse picks from each conference (Ravens, Giants, Eagles) are winless as well. The Saints have forgotten how to play offense. The freaking Brandon Wheeden led Cowboys genuinely look like the best NFC East team. Even the surprise teams haven't looked that good, to be honest.

Around the Network

Steelers are good especially once they get their whole team together.

I'm surprised that only 2 people picked the Jets this week. I mean it is the Jets, but the Colts looked horrible last week.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Farsala said:
Steelers are good especially once they get their whole team together.

Bell + Bryant + Ben playing like he has lately = decently scary team on offense imho. Defensively they might be incomplete, but honestly no team is complete at the moment, and many are FAR from it.

I have a feeling things will look way way different by midseason. There will be lots of panicking and general confusion, but the final stretch of the season should see some big streaks put up by the best 4-6 teams in the league, while the others largely tailspin.

Recovery-wise (of the 0-2 teams so far) :

Seahawks : They should be a contender for the NFCW, but the weaker O line is a concern. They miss Kam. 10-6?

Colts : They look fairly bad, but they just played back to back games against teams with solidly great defenses. Their division is a joke. 9-7?

Eagles : Deep systemic problems. They gutted their O line, they have no WR talent to speak of, their RBs don't fit the system, and the QB looks lost. Putting in Sanchez in THIS mess of a division I think nets them an 8-8 or 9-7 run, but they may lose so many division games along the way that it doesn't matter.

Giants : They are likely to be healthiest and most put together the soonest in the division imho, even if there will still be holes. Possible 10-6, but that would mean 10-4 the rest of the way, so I think 9-7 is more likely.

Ravens : I don't follow them, I have no idea.

Texans : Hah. Put Watt in at QB and then we'll talk. Even their defense this year has been giving points like crazy, and Watt hasn't broken a game open yet.

Lions : In that division? Even dropping Suh, they shouldn't be this bad. They are clearly regressing, and Stafford is beat up. I heard in the game coverage earlier that he is going to play in Denver. BIG mistake. If the Vikings defense beat him up, who just got done making SF's offense look like a Super Bowl contender, then Denver's D is going to wreck his world. 0-3 start, and then they travel to Seattle, who should have Kam back and be very, VERY pissed off? 0-4 start. Dumpster fire.

Bears : Dumpster fire.

Saints : Dumpster fire. Brees is banged up, and there just isn't talent at any level in that organization right now. They will finish with a lower record than WAS, bank on it.

What in the actual fuck happened this week?

Terrible week as far as picks go and the Colts look like they will be worse then they where last year.