By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464

Welp, the past two weeks have certainly benefitted Kam Chancellor's demands in his holdout, if nothing else.

Around the Network

Well I said the Eagles sucked super hard, but even they may have been outdone by the sheer idiocy of the Seahawks' hurry up offense. Two minutes left, no timeouts and two scores needed? Let's throw it to the middle of the field each time so a good twenty seconds can run off in-between plays.

Maybe someone can inform Pete Caroll how the sideline works after he finally manages to grasp the concept of giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch from the one yard line.

Seahawks on the bottom of the NFC West.

Redskins threatening to take over the NFC South.

The Jaguars have a better record than the Saints, Eagles, Ravens and Seahawks.

Eight upsets recordedhis week so far.

Week two summarized in brief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-N0ckzU1mI

WAS-NYG 2 ATL-DAL 2 IND-TEN 1 OAK-CLE 1
CIN-BAL 1 JAC-NE 2 NO-CAR 2 PHI-NYJ 2
TB-HOU 1 SD-MIN 1 PIT-STL 1 SF-ARI 2
BUF-MIA 1 CHI-SEA 2 DEN-DET 1 KC-GB GB by 14

Around the Network
WAS-NYG  2
ATL-DAL
IND-TEN   OAK-CLE  
CIN-BAL   JAC-NE   NO-CAR   PHI-NYJ  
TB-HOU   SD-MIN   PIT-STL   SF-ARI  
BUF-MIA   CHI-SEA   DEN-DET   KC-GB by X

The eagles gave Chip Kelly way too much latitude with personnel decisions. It seems he took for granted the fact that he inherited a lot of talent tailor made for his offensive philosophy and thought he could piece together a team with any old tripe out there so long as they followed his grand scheme. Except Sam Bradford is still Sam Bradford and now their next best option is Mark 'butt-fumbles' Sanchez, and while I do believe Demarco Murray is a good running back, I don't think his style of play is suited to this offense at all. He's just not the fast, elusive back that will run laterally to get the edge and make guys miss him in the open field, he needs a big, physical o-line, preferably in a bunch formation, to smash through, and in this spread offense they just don't have the personnel.

Right now the only thing the eagles have going in their favor is that the nfc east is falling apart, with the way things are going 8-8 could well win that division.

RolStoppable said:
WAS-NYG 2 ATL-DAL 2 IND-TEN 1 OAK-CLE 2
CIN-BAL 1 JAC-NE 2 NO-CAR 2 PHI-NYJ 2
TB-HOU 2 SD-MIN 1 PIT-STL 1 SF-ARI 2
BUF-MIA 1 CHI-SEA 2 DEN-DET 1 KC-GB 2 by 10

WAS/NYG: The Giants can't choke away three consecutive games, can they?

ATL/DAL: All aboard the Brandon Wheeden hype train

IND/TEN: I blame Tennessee that I still have to hear about Johnny Manziel

OAK/CLE: I blame Tennessee for me picking Cleveland here

CIN/BAL: Honestly, I don't think the Ravens can stop anybody without Terrell Suggs

JAC/NE: I was picking New England in this game without Tom Brady, so...yeah

NO/CAR: Fun fact: NFC South has two of the league's 8 2-0 teams at this point

PHI/NYJ: Am I really picking the Jets against a non Cleveland Browns team? Wow, the Eagles suck

TB/HOU: Defensive struggle, I'll give the edge to Houston just because of HFA

SD/MIN: So I have no idea how good the Vikings are. The Chargers I at least have a decent idea

PIT/STL: Depending on which Rams' team shows up, this could be a Pittsburgh blowout or a really good game

SF/ARI: If Carson Palmer can stay health, the Cards have a real chance to win the West

BUF/MIA: I actually expect this to be kind of close, even though it shouldn't be. Dolphins suck too badly on offense to win, though

CHI/SEA: Bears probably have a better chance of winning this with Jimmy Clausen starting

DEN/DET: I'll take Peyton Manning against that defense

KC/GB: Why the hell do all these Monday Night games suck so badly?

cheshirescat said:
The eagles gave Chip Kelly way too much latitude with personnel decisions. It seems he took for granted the fact that he inherited a lot of talent tailor made for his offensive philosophy and thought he could piece together a team with any old tripe out there so long as they followed his grand scheme. Except Sam Bradford is still Sam Bradford and now their next best option is Mark 'butt-fumbles' Sanchez, and while I do believe Demarco Murray is a good running back, I don't think his style of play is suited to this offense at all. He's just not the fast, elusive back that will run laterally to get the edge and make guys miss him in the open field, he needs a big, physical o-line, preferably in a bunch formation, to smash through, and in this spread offense they just don't have the personnel.

Right now the only thing the eagles have going in their favor is that the nfc east is falling apart, with the way things are going 8-8 could well win that division.

Chip Kelly offenses, like a good brick of bleu cheese, simply takes time to come together, and you have to be patient enough to wait for the mold to really settle in there before you give it a go.

noname2200 said:
cheshirescat said:

Chip Kelly offenses, like a good brick of bleu cheese, simply takes time to come together, and you have to be patient enough to wait for the mold to really settle in there before you give it a go.

What kind of a timetable are we talking here? Is this a "when the Bears win another Super Bowl" sort of thing, or a "when the US finally gets around to closing Guantanamo Bay" timetable?