By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464
gergroy said:
ReimTime said:

I like ruffling feathers mostly. But I do see a Cards win.

They're not unbeatable but they are a much stronger team who will be playing at home. Even without Matheiu at Safety last week - Bethel stepped up and did a bang up job. I think their defensive depth is unparalleled. Not weak at any position by any means.

They also have the best Offense in the league (in total yards and points to be specific).

I mean I could be wrong. They are fresh off of stomping the Packers so they may not be too frosty. But Bruce isn't resting anyone http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2015/12/28/cardinals-bruce-arians-says-he-wont-rest-players-vs-seahawks/77980356/.

Listen to Bruce talk and you can tell they won't be taking the game lightly. So after that it's a question of match ups, and to me Arizona wins every match up.

Yeah... About that...

Haha I was expecting this

God damn! It wasn't even close!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

Nice. Crazy season helped a lot for sure.

Speaking of crazy, the brackets are going to be pretty bad.

Can only hope my prediction of a crazy Steelers victory is correct xD. (From wildcard no less)

I'd like a moment of silence for a few of our terrible pre-season predictions, including Fated Reality predicting the Panthers to go 3-13, me predicting the Ravens to win the super bowl, and alternine for...... well I just feel sorry for him since he is a Titans fan

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Without wishing to project too much, I have a feeling that all four wild card teams will be favorites for this weekend. Anyone know if that has ever happened before?

MTZehvor said:
Without wishing to project too much, I have a feeling that all four wild card teams will be favorites for this weekend. Anyone know if that has ever happened before?

I want to say it has but I'm not really sure about it.  As it stands the opening lines right now have three of the four wild card teams as favorites, only washington is favored over the pack, but it's only by one point and that can change as the week goes on of course.  Honestly though, washington plays really well at home so I don't blame vegas for putting them ahead, of course giving betting patterns I bet they're banking on a ton of people putting money on the pack with a line like that.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:

Well there is a very strong cold front that will be in Minneapolis by Sunday so at least the Vikins will have a weather advantage since the game will be played outside.

Rol didn't make the playoffs? How embarassing...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Chris Hu said:
MTZehvor said:

Well there is a very strong cold front that will be in Minneapolis by Sunday so at least the Vikins will have a weather advantage since the game will be played outside.

Not sure I buy that being a significant advantage for the Vikings. Theoretically, it'd make both teams rely a bit more on the run, which considering "hand the ball off to Adrian Peterson" is Minnesota's entire gameplan, doesn't really help matters. Seattle, meanwhile, is more than capable of running all over Minnesota (173 rushing yards in the previous game this year compared to 260 passing), so shifting the balance over a bit doesn't really hurt the Seahawks.

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

Rol didn't make the playoffs? How embarassing...

At least I can spell "embarrassing" ...

Besides, there's still a chance that I could make the playoffs. After all, it's my prediction league.

Hey Rol.  You should back into the previous seasons and see who the most consistent predictor has been.  It's probably me or zuvuyeay.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

Hey Rol.  You should back into the previous seasons and see who the most consistent predictor has been.  It's probably me or zuvuyeay.

You?

Here's the rough top 5:

1. zuvuyeay
2. RolStoppable
3. ljigga
4. NinjaBlade360
5. noname2200

Please.  After this season you and noname aren't even close.  I recall being towards the top all but one year.  

You're just jealous and don't want to look it up because I'm right.