By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464

pleased i made the play offs,had quite a few bad weeks,

good job as ever rol

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Arkaign said:

FEAST MODE!

Rumor has it that Fat Eddy eats babies for breakfast.

Anyway...

Something serious: Outside of this thread you've become known as a prophet for your wacky "Redskins will win NFC East" prediction and now people wonder if you have something left in the bag for the NFL playoffs. This week's Brian Billick column had a list of playoff odds, with one criterion being the most likely one-and-done team in each conference. His pick for the AFC were the Denver Broncos (yes, the 1st seed in the conference). Now what do you say? Will Peyton Manning defy all logic and throw for 400+ yards and 4+ TDs in three straight games to win the Super Bowl?

My magic 8-ball seems to point to no. Not necessarily that DEN can't win the AFC, but that level of performance from his team for 3x games in a row ... ehhhhh I don't know. To get those kinds of numbers, generally teams are playing from behind and saying 'screw running the ball, throw it like a madman!', and with Denver's D, I don't see that being a real concern. I rather think that the AFC playoff games outside of the Steelers could be kind of boring defensive, grindy ball.

RolStoppable said:
Arkaign said:

My magic 8-ball seems to point to no. Not necessarily that DEN can't win the AFC, but that level of performance from his team for 3x games in a row ... ehhhhh I don't know. To get those kinds of numbers, generally teams are playing from behind and saying 'screw running the ball, throw it like a madman!', and with Denver's D, I don't see that being a real concern. I rather think that the AFC playoff games outside of the Steelers could be kind of boring defensive, grindy ball.

Playing from behind will be easy for Denver. You know, I didn't say anything about interceptions in my previous post. Screwing the running game should also be a non-issue, because with Manning playing from the shotgun formation, the ground game won't get any traction anyway.

Hahah :) Well, if PM starts throwing INTs like he is prone to doing, then I could see him getting benched for BO in short order, making him doing 3x games of 400+ and a bunch of TDs even less likely :D Either way, this sounds like crazy talk to me.

RolStoppable said:
Arkaign said:

Hahah :) Well, if PM starts throwing INTs like he is prone to doing, then I could see him getting benched for BO in short order, making him doing 3x games of 400+ and a bunch of TDs even less likely :D Either way, this sounds like crazy talk to me.

He wouldn't get benched if his stats are still on the good side. No team changes QBs when the starter is at 250 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs during a game. Just needs such a balance to be there.

But sure, this is crazy talk to you, yet the Redskins winning the NFC East was a realistic scenario in week 2.

Hahaha hell yes :D

Only one thing can satiate Azazel now, and that is Cousins hoisting the Lombardi in February.

Texans looking every bit the playoff team we thought they'd be.

Edit: nicely timed by me.

Around the Network

This is exactly the kind of playoff game this season deserves.

But is it the playoffs we need?

i finished in last place, so I won't bother with the loser bracket.

Probably. We need the laughs.

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
But is it the playoffs we need?

No. The league should have skipped to a Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh Super Bowl right away.

That'd be one way to make sure Yackety Sax became the official Super Bowl theme song.

MTZehvor said:
Probably. We need the laughs.

This game has done some delivering, but I'm holding out hope for a Buttfumble level of greatness.