By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Until Dawn might see better digital sales. For some reason it seems like a game people will tend to buy digitally. I don't know why I think that, perhaps just because it seems more like a PSN-type game.

Unless something drastic happens in the second half of the month it looks like a pretty clear win for PS4. I think the Halo Bundle is going to cannibalise Xb one hardware sales for the remaining months leading up to Halo 5. It's such a phenomenon for Xbox that it does take suck out a lot of oxygen. If you're an I buy Xbox for Halo kind of person, then you are likely only just starting to think about buying Xb one, and even though it's an extra $100 it's hard to pass up the LE bundle. 10's of thousands of people are going to delay buying Xb one in favour of the LE bundle.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

COD #1 and #2 is interesting. I don't tend to rely on Amazon to decide on software sales but with there being 3 PS4 version in the top 6 I'm guessing it IS going to reflect overall sales. Another 70%/30% or even 75%/25% split me thinks.

The PS5 Exists. 

That COD PS4 domination is unreal. I never thought the deal would have this much of an impact.

Protendo said:
That COD PS4 domination is unreal. I never thought the deal would have this much of an impact.

Aren't most people just pre-ordering for the beta tokens?

TheGoldenBoy said:
Protendo said:

Do you really think COD fans won't buy the superior version with the exclusive DLC? COD gamers who play the PS4 beta will buy the PS4 version. Streamers already switched.

Around the Network

Things are starting to heat up

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Protendo said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Protendo said:

Do you really think COD fans won't buy the superior version with the exclusive DLC? COD gamers who play the PS4 beta will buy the PS4 version. Streamers already switched.

I never said they wouldn't. However, the "numbers" Amazon is currently showing could also be inflated due to the beta.

TheGoldenBoy said:

I never said they wouldn't. However, the "numbers" Amazon is currently showing could also be inflated due to the beta.

Doubt it. COD players buy COD.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Protendo said:

I agree with you. X1 versions beta is a week later, so will receive more of a boost next week, while the PS4 versions will go back down. Because ofthe difference in timings, the monthly chart at the end of the month is the one to wait for to assess the gap.

celador said:

I agree with you. X1 versions beta is a week later, so will receive more of a boost next week, while the PS4 versions will go back down. Because ofthe difference in timings, the monthly chart at the end of the month is the one to wait for to assess the gap.

It's going to be interesting to see where the XB1 version is when the beta releases.

The PS5 Exists.