By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 is the best RPG in the last decade.

fatslob-:O said:
Why am I the only guy who despises The Witcher franchise so much ?

I feel like I'm left out of the party ...

You are not alone.  I hated 1 & 2 so much that I'm not ready to give 3 a chance yet. 

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:
HBninjaX said:

OP: having "Demon's Souls is the worst game I've ever played." in your signature severely damages your credibility.

Sorry, but replaying the exact same area with the exact same enemies with the exact same encounter with the exact same content more than 10x in a row as a gameplay mechanic....

That's what makes it the worst game I've ever played. I like hard games myself, and I always play every game at max difficulty, but the Souls series is carved on repetition. That just doesn't make any bit of sense to me.

I can tell that you didn't really know what you were doing if you ever actually played Demon's Souls. 

Can't wait for next year, when I'll upgrade my PC to at least its recommended requirements.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Aeolus451 said:
bugrimmar said:

Sorry, but replaying the exact same area with the exact same enemies with the exact same encounter with the exact same content more than 10x in a row as a gameplay mechanic....

That's what makes it the worst game I've ever played. I like hard games myself, and I always play every game at max difficulty, but the Souls series is carved on repetition. That just doesn't make any bit of sense to me.

I can tell that you didn't really know what you were doing if you ever actually played Demon's Souls. 

Oh, so you're the exceptional player who didn't have to replay the same area over and over again? Please tell all of us how you achieved such a feat.

I agree. Will be hard to top it.

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:
Aeolus451 said:
bugrimmar said:

Oh, so you're the exceptional player who didn't have to replay the same area over and over again? Please tell all of us how you achieved such a feat.

You shouldn't have been going into an area repeatly unless you were there for something specifically and you didn't have to fight the majority of creatures in a area unless you wanted to. The game is not repetitive unless you're dying repeatily because of the same creatures/mistakes over and over again. 

Alot of people who try to play the game offline only or "these days" never experienced the full game. Nothing can compare to playing the game while being invaded constantly by other players and helping fellow gamers through their game world. There's nothing repetitive about Demon's Souls. Every time you would go somewhere it was geniunely different because of other players. Alot of people kept playing the game long after they beaten it many times.

If you don't like the game, fine, that's your preference but it is one of the best games out there. Playing the game just a little bit won't give you any insight into the game. It's just like when a virgin loses their cherry but that person doesn't get the hype about sex til they've been at for a while.

OP, you give the game some mighty praise, but then compare the combat to Batman, which is clearly an action-adventure title and not an RPG. As far as RPGS go, I can't see this topping 2012's Xenoblade but the hype you and others are giving it certainly make me want to try it.

It's really strange how much some people like different games that I just can't get into

Some people here listing Xenoblade as one of the best RPGs of all time, yet I might not proceed past the 6 hour mark. It just seems to be a series of fetch quests with repetitive combat

As for the Witcher itself, I never finished 2. I just found the combat so frustrating. The game somehow expects you to prepare potions before battle, knowing of course exactly when you're going to start fighting? I just found myself spending my entire time rolling around in circles

But I think I just don't hugely like these open world RPGs. Skyrim didn't wow me, DA I got tedious. I tend to prefer more linear experiences. My top RPGs would probably be Persona 4 Golden, FFX and FF IX

I respect your opinion and I love the witcher 3, but fallout 3 is better and fallout 4 will be better :p

For reasons that puzzle even me I couldn't get into it... I think I have about 4 hours played and never returned. Compare that to similar games like Skyrim and Fallout 3 where I just couldn't stop playing... Maybe those two burnt me out on this sort of thing?

Donno, I've been trying to talk myself into playing it again for a long time now.