By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Seriously, why is King K. Rool NOT in Smash as his own character??

SSB4 is better than Melee
Roy and Lunica are better than King K. Rool
Dark Pit was one of the best additions ever.

So stop.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
ToraTiger said:
guiduc said:

What about that stupid ROB? or Sheik, for instance? Your reasoning could have been true, but it just isn't the case.

More people have played DK:C on Snes and Ocarina on N64 than all the FE and Kid Icarus games combined.  Sheik is well known because she is a character in a popular legendary game.  Same for Rool.   Marth is kinda known because he appears in smash bros annually.  Nothing else

My reasoning also, so that's why K.Rool should be included. I would gladly let ROB go.

97alexk said:
ToraTiger said:
97alexk said:

Well no one at nintendo ever said that, you are just speculating, I trust sakurai on this one

I agree that they didn't take effort, but you are blind if you think they didn't have to reach a character quota of fighters in the game.  They used the clones because they didn't have the creativity, manpower or time to make 3-4 completely new fighters

Smash bros 4 has one of the most if not the most characters in a fighting game, its now extending over 50 characters and more with DLC coming, They have fan faves like Mega Man, pacman, and suprise characters like shulk, duck hunt, bowser JR wich and villager to just name a few wich all burst with creativity. If you are saying SAkurai and his team didnt put the most effort in this then you dont know what you are saying. I also want King K rool in smash, Lucina , dark pit and DR mario didnt eliminate any other spots for any characters. They added them extra fanservice. Sakurai is not a man who makes half finished games. The character roster is the best we ever had no questions asked.

That's cherrypicking.  That's like saying Mario BaseBall has the most playable characters of any game...

It doesn't take a huge amount of effort to make a character for smash, look at all the hacks M that have literally hundreds of characters, many of which are made by 1 person that have drastically different movesets.  Let's compare them to making a soul caliber or BlazBlue character that have hundreds of possible strings, 5 super moves, 8 special attacks, and multiple directional inputs...It's not a lot of work to design a character for smash compared to other fighting games..

Sure the rooster is big, but none of the older characters but maybe 3 have recieved noticable updates or new attacks.  They are exactly carbon copies.  I'm saying the game was rushed, not exactly halfassed, just rushed to shit, and it shows in the content of the game, very few new trophies, very few new models, very few new assist trophies, very few new stages, removal of a huge story mode part of the game, just to name a few.   The clones were most definitely added to buff the pre-DLC rooster of the game.  If you think they would have sent the game out with the just 8 new guys you can't be serious.  The clones were definitely a nessessity to the game. 

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Paatar said:

So stop.

Disagree.  Melee is easily the sharpest, deepest, most competitive, and the best game in the series by far. Roy was okay I guess, Lucina and Dark pit could have been Alt costumes instead of wasting up slots more worthy characters like Rool could have used. 

Honestly Brawl and Smash 4 feel more like mobile spin offs than true Smash

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

ToraTiger said:

That's cherrypicking.  That's like saying Mario BaseBall has the most playable characters of any game...

It doesn't take a huge amount of effort to make a character for smash, look at all the hacks M that have literally hundreds of characters, many of which are made by 1 person that have drastically different movesets.  Let's compare them to making a soul caliber or BlazBlue character that have hundreds of possible strings, 5 super moves, 8 special attacks, and multiple directional inputs...It's not a lot of work to design a character for smash compared to other fighting games..

Sure the rooster is big, but none of the older characters but maybe 3 have recieved noticable updates or new attacks.  They are exactly carbon copies.  I'm saying the game was rushed, not exactly halfassed, just rushed to shit, and it shows in the content of the game, very few new trophies, very few new models, very few new assist trophies, very few new stages, removal of a huge story mode part of the game, just to name a few.   The clones were most definitely added to buff the pre-DLC rooster of the game.  If you think they would have sent the game out with the just 8 new guys you can't be serious.  The clones were definitely a nessessity to the game. 

Just stop. You act like you know what you're talking about but you really don't. You clearly don't have a tenth of an insight how much effort was put into the game.

Also you take back that insult that Wolf is some "generic villain"

Around the Network
ToraTiger said:
Paatar said:

So stop.

Disagree.  Melee is easily the sharpest, deepest, most competitive, and the best game in the series by far. Roy was okay I guess, Lucina and Dark pit could have been Alt costumes instead of wasting up slots more worthy characters like Rool could have used. 

Honestly Brawl and Smash 4 feel more like mobile spin offs than true Smash

They don't waste slots...

ToraTiger said:
JWeinCom said:

Sounds like you just don't quite get that people have different opinions than you.  K. Rool is kind of a sucky generic villain.

Same for Bowser, Gannondorf and Wolf.   At least Rool has an original design and had a lot of attacks in DK:C.  This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of populous, and the populous wanted Rool in the game, but he isn't.  Instead the characters that no one gives a fuck about are in the game in mass numbers, and clones that no one also gives a fuck about

You think Nintendo villains aren't generic and basic? 

Edit:  Nvm.  Don't want to get into a thing here.

JWeinCom said:
ToraTiger said:

Same for Bowser, Gannondorf and Wolf.   At least Rool has an original design and had a lot of attacks in DK:C.  This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of populous, and the populous wanted Rool in the game, but he isn't.  Instead the characters that no one gives a fuck about are in the game in mass numbers, and clones that no one also gives a fuck about

You think Nintendo villains aren't generic and basic? 

No, it's a matter of opinion.  Unless you have some kind of evidence to show that the masses wanted King K Rool and doesn't care about fire emblem characters.

K Rool is a crocodile with a crown.  Not sure how original I'd call that.

Bowser actually has showed his personality in several games, particularly the Mario RPG series.  He is far more recognizable than K Rool.  He also has far more attacks to draw from.  It's not even close.

Ganondorf also shows personality in a lot of games, has more moves, and again is far more iconic.

Wolf isn't even in this game.

So do you have some sort of evidence to back up your claim that people want K Rool more than these other characters?  Cause otherwise, you're talking out of your ass.

You aren't making a lick of sense dude.  Mario is a plumber who jumps...Real original design, Donkey Kong is literally just an ape with a tye.  Bowser is a dragon turtle.   Ganondorf doesn't even fight how he should in Smash, how do you expect that to be a valid counterpoint? 

Pull up any character poll for Smash, including the ballot, and you will see Rool as far above and at the top of lists.   This is a site about sales, and you would think that people on here would use them as a sorta consenses of what people care about/want to play.  Just going by sales, I can safely say not many people care about Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus.   Not as many cared about Roy, but bam, he's in there.   Far more care about Rool, but again Nintendo's taking the lazy way out because they would have to design a whole new moveset instead of recycling which is why there are so many FE characters in Smash

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

Kotastic said:

Just stop. You act like you know what you're talking about but you really don't. You clearly don't have a tenth of an insight how much effort was put into the game.

Also you take back that insult that Wolf is some "generic villain"

Not as much effort as everyone here acts like.  I understand Nintendo is a small company and has limited resources, but this game is already a minimialistic fighter

You can't honestly say you agree that the game is a balls-to-the-wall going all out sequel.  Almost all the trophies are just copy-pasted from Brawl, same for most of the stages, characters, mechanics, ect. The graphics aren't even good.   . 

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

To make you happy. Before Meta Knight's reveal they showed a meta knight's mask for mii. Maybe KKR can still make

or next smash

We reap what we sow