By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destiny: The Taken King Limited Edition Bundle: Is Sony preparing for a price drop in the US and Canada?

So, we finally have the price for Destiny: The Taken King Limited Edition Bundle in the US and it's just $399.99, the same price as the normal PS4. Previously bundles such as the Arkham Knight Limited Edition Bundle had an official MSRP of $449.99, yet this one is $50 cheaper without explanation. Does anyone else think that Sony might drop the price with $50 in the US soon, even if it's just temporary?

Update: The bundle with be $449.99 CAD in Canada, while the Batman Arkham Knight bundle was $549.99 CAD, a difference of $100 CAD! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/30/limited-edition-destiny-the-taken-king-ps4-bundle-pre-orders-open-today/

Link to the Destiny: The Taking King Limited Edition Bundle on Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/500GB-PlayStation-Console-Destiny-Limited-4/dp/B012UGC9F0/

Around the Network

It looks like they will announce the price cut at TGS pre-show conference as expected.

Update: The bundle with be $449.99 CAD in Canada, while the Batman Arkham Knight bundle was $549.99 CAD, a difference of $100 CAD! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/30/limited-edition-destiny-the-taken-king-ps4-bundle-pre-orders-open-today/

I would question with the sales the PS4 is doing why they would even need to drop the price. I can see a temporary Holiday type of drop to prepare for when MS does the same but permanent seems crazy.

I hope so cause the cad prices are T_T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Destiny will do great numbers again.

Probably a move to promote destiny.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
Probably a move to promote destiny.

It is a limited Destiny console.
That means only these that want a Destiny themed console will buy it... so I don't get the "promote Destiny".

Looks like a move to sell more PS4 (or make me replace mine).

Ka-pi96 said:

If it's the same price as a standard console then it will definitely promote Destiny as well. Even if people have no interest in the game they would rather get it included for no extra price than not.

It is limited... people that wants Destiny themed console will buy it before normal guys try to buy it.

Most guys will buy this console are people like me that wants to have the themed console... they already want Destiny... they will buy becasuse it is a Destiny themed console.

It is more like Destiny promoting/selling PS4.

Looks like the UK is getting shafted again as the Destiny bundle is more than the Batman bundle. Batman Limited Edition was at £329.99 on Amazon and Destiny Limited Edition is £364.99.

Edit: Amazon still have Batman Limited Edition Bundle in stock and its currently at £319.99.