By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destiny: The Taken King Limited Edition Bundle: Is Sony preparing for a price drop in the US and Canada?

FloatingWaffles said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:
If Sony Drops the price, i estimate that MS will be forced to drop the price of the One, even further. If they don't they'll never stand a chance at catching up, especially if they can't do so now, with the system being $50 cheaper for so long.

You realize that no matter what Microsoft does there will always be people who still think they will never be able to catch up.

I mean, i'm pretty much one of those people who think they'll never catch up. They haven't won a single month yet, and Soy just keeps making the gap bigger and bigger. It seems no matter what they do or try, people just don't care enough, outside of the USA.

Around the Network
Sharpryno said:

I really do not think there will be a pricecut. Bundling games for the PS4 for $399 has worked. I could only see it happening if MS has a wicked good holiday and people complain.  Would be nuts if XBO breaks the record of most sold consoles on Black Friday, again. 

And damn, Destiny deserves 5x the hate that CoD gets. What a bogus game and The Taken King has nowhere near enough value for its standalone pricetag. At least the game will re-release with all the DLC for $60, just feel a little bad for people who bought less than a year ago T_T. I think the game should have been bigger and had a PC release. Could have had an excellent in game market like WoW and Dota2. Of course you would have needed to make it an actual MMO. But Activision has no vision and is afraid of the risk if it failed.

I think we are close to a full price cut.

Phases- Full price console w/ no bundle, then same price console w/ bundle, Pricecut console w/ no bundle.

To me the fact they have numerous 399 bundles available is a Psuedo price cut. I think this holiday we will see the Base PS4 at 349.99 and a myriad of bundle options for 399.99.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

FloatingWaffles said:
I'm still surprised that Sony didn't announce a price drop at E3 last month.

They are UP YoY.
They have the best bundles deals.

I don't see a price cut coming before holidays via promotions (like BF bundles at $350 or less).
And a price cut of $100 is out of question.

FloatingWaffles said:

You realize that no matter what Microsoft does there will always be people who still think they will never be able to catch up.

I think you need to reword your comment.

No matter what Microsoft doews they will never catch up.

It is not people that are bised and don't believe that... it is a fact Xbone will never catch up PS4... PS4 at the end of this year will be at numbers that Xbone possible will do lifetime.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Sharpryno said:

I really do not think there will be a pricecut. Bundling games for the PS4 for $399 has worked. I could only see it happening if MS has a wicked good holiday and people complain.  Would be nuts if XBO breaks the record of most sold consoles on Black Friday, again. 

And damn, Destiny deserves 5x the hate that CoD gets. What a bogus game and The Taken King has nowhere near enough value for its standalone pricetag. At least the game will re-release with all the DLC for $60, just feel a little bad for people who bought less than a year ago T_T. I think the game should have been bigger and had a PC release. Could have had an excellent in game market like WoW and Dota2. Of course you would have needed to make it an actual MMO. But Activision has no vision and is afraid of the risk if it failed.

Phases- Full price console w/ no bundle, then same price console w/ bundle, Pricecut console w/ no bundle.

To me the fact they have numerous 399 bundles available is a Psuedo price cut. I think this holiday we will see the Base PS4 at 349.99 and a myriad of bundle options for 399.99.

What is the point of Sony releasing a bundle that is $50 more when it only includes one game. Makes no sense. 

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

FloatingWaffles said:

It is not people that are bised and don't believe that... it is a fact Xbone will never catch up PS4... PS4 at the end of this year will be at numbers that Xbone possible will do lifetime.

Yeah I dont think you are wrong at this point to assume that MS will not catch up. There is a chance they may in one or two countries, but i think it would be foolish to think MS will catch up in countries that are currently 5:1 and 8:1+ difference.... and thus over all will not. The console is not selling well enough outside two countries to catch up.

But I would be interested to hear what MS would have to do to catch up FloatingWaffles? because as of right now its not looking likely.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:

Yeah I dont think you are wrong at this point to assume that MS will not catch up. There is a chance they may in one or two countries, but i think it would be foolish to think MS will catch up in countries that are currently 5:1 and 8:1+ difference.... and thus over all will not. The console is not selling well enough outside two countries to catch up.

But I would be interested to hear what MS would have to do to catch up FloatingWaffles? because as of right now its not looking likely.

Well there is always the 1% of chance like Sony crazy stop the production of PS4 lol
Or all PS4 in the warehouses exploded lol

While Sony supply the retail PS4 will sell more than Xbone or Wii U.

And right now I don't believe that even a high price difference will change that too... I do think PS4 will continue to sell more WW even in a $400 vs $300 situation.

Sharpryno said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

What is the point of Sony releasing a bundle that is $50 more when it only includes one game. Makes no sense. 

who said anything about just one game. It can be 1 game + PS+ card. Can be one new game + LOU2.

Either way 1 new game + Console at 399.99 would have more value than base console at 349.99.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Sharpryno said:

who said anything about just one game. It can be 1 game + PS+ card. Can be one new game + LOU2.

Either way 1 new game + Console at 399.99 would have more value than base console at 349.99.

Sony has bundled 3 games for $399 already.  That deal would be laughable. 

Madword said:
ethomaz said:

FloatingWaffles said:

That's what the point of my comment was. There are people who refuse to see in anyway how Xbox One could possibly catch up because they want to deny it to themselves as much as they can. 

It happens with every console, and i'm sure if the roles were reversed the same thing would be happening opposite. 

Even if the Xbox One had GTA6 exclusivity AND the console was being sold for 10 dollars there would still be people who will say "Nope, Xbox One will never catch up" simply because they don't want it to so they don't want to even think of it. There are just those people in every single fanbase that are like that.