By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why doesn't Nintendo make more games for it's systems?

JWeinCom said:
Cause making games is difficult and expensive and entails financial risk?

Haha welcome to life Nintendo!  Fortune favors the bold!

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network

They develop a hell of a lot of games, what are you talking about?

It's the fact that they get practically no 3rd party support (at least on the Wii U) that makes it seem like there's not much coming in, but that's not a fault of Nintendo's developers.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I believe Nintendo make way more games a year than either Microsoft or Sony but they have two systems instead of one for them

Eddie_Raja said:
Nautilus said:
Ita not like they are not trying.They are supporting 2 systems, developing another AND making games for it.So actually its impressive Nintendo is even msnaging making the number of games it makes.And buying/making new studios cost money, so its not a matter of just go buying, it needs to check if its viable money-wise, and needs to find talents...

Well it is very clear that they should only have one system.

Thats obviosly not true.The lack of games on wii u is a consequence of lack of third parties, something nintendo needs to fix next gen.And dont say that nintendo wont get it because its nintendo, that is pure ignorance

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Eddie_Raja said:
gabzjmm23 said:
if Nintendo has a 10000 employee and 70% of it is allocated to game development then they can produce enough IPs based on your year 1-3. But they aren't big enough. And $200 or less home console pricing won't be good for Nintendo.

Then they can kiss another gen goodbye if they continue with their same business model.

they already have plans for NX and we knew they already started developing something for NX.  We don't know what is NX and what feature that would captivate more people to buy NX. We might get a few great AAA IPs at launch and a steady stream of good Nintendo IPs at the first yea but everything is just speculation. So until we have concrete information we'll just wait and see.  So far, I'm just waiting for gaming news and what games interest me.  Then most of the time, I'm playing all the games that I have in my backlog. Those games can cover atleast 3 years worth of gaming hours for me. :D

Around the Network

Because they value quality over quantity? You can't increase your output AND delay games for a year until they're as good as you want them to be.

Nintendo has put it in motion changes for a more efficient development environment. We'll see the results of these changes next gen.

But I agree, despite a valiant effort, Nintendo has to pick up the slack for the lack of third party games.

Well...they develop far more games for it's consoles than Microsoft and Sony do. It's not even close really. The problem is, they don't have third party support and they don't develop enough games to compensate for it.

Its not that easy. They are supporting 2 systems so there's only so much they can do. And they still are able to publish more games than Sony or MS.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

gabzjmm23 said:
if Nintendo has a 10000 employee and 70% of it is allocated to game development then they can produce enough IPs based on your year 1-3. But they aren't big enough. And $200 or less home console pricing won't be good for Nintendo.

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea how anybody thinks this would be a good idea whatsoever.