By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you plan on getting another console this gen? When?

I already own a Wii, and eventually by a PS3. I prefer buying more towards this holiday, but since my brothers are eager to play MGS4 we'll by it at the release MS4.

Around the Network

Nah. Maybe a new DS when it gets a redesign. I'm sure it will.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

im thinking of getting a 360 for gears 2.

if not that ill buy my psp back

Already have a PS3, I will get a WII next month I understand it offers a different gaming experience. If I don't like it I'll return it and get a PSP.

PSN - Kratos0518

rocketpig said:

You're really missing out. While the 360 and PS3 are great machines, the Wii offers its own brand of gaming and frankly, I think it's brilliant.

On the other hand, I have a hard time seriously considering anyone a real "gamer" if they only own a Wii and not a 360, PS3, or PC rig alongside it. The Wii a limited experience, no matter how you look at it. Gaming suddenly became fragmented with the DS/Wii and if you want the full experience, you have to own multiple consoles and handhelds now.

I agree comepletely.

I have a PS3, PSP, DSL and most recently a Wii. I have a laptop that is capable of playing SC2, but I think I'm going to have to get a new desktop as I don't believe I'll enjoy it is as much on a laptop.

For me to purchase a 360 now, it'd have to do a lot of convincing in the RPG department. And I know, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are quite tempting, but not yet enough to warrant a purchase.

Around the Network

I might get another PS3( a silver one if it comes to the US), to put in my living room to match my flat screen lcd tv.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

no probably not. I already have a 360, PS3 & a PSP. Though i might pick up the Slim Line version of the PS3 when that comes out (though that's probably years down the road)

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

the only console I plan on getting is the PS3, and that's once I get my HDtv, after which I may consider getting new computer (which I can use to play certain 360 games), my sister has a wii so I'll play what ever thing peaks my interest but in no way have any plans on ever buying it.

Currently have a Wii/360/PC setup and I'm planning on picking up a DS Lite sometime...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

rocketpig said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
If you own a PS3 and an XBox 360 there seriously is no point in getting a Nintendo Wii. The cost of a Wii console equals four brand new games or up to 10 second hand games on the two consoles I already own.

You're really missing out. While the 360 and PS3 are great machines, the Wii offers its own brand of gaming and frankly, I think it's brilliant

I'd say that for now, someone who does not own a Wii is not missing out. The main thing that I've seen very clearly in my time with is it's a fantasic local multiplayer machine, something that the HD consoles are neglecting.

Every few months my friend lets me borrow his Wii and I am able to catch up on what I missed. I can't say I've played a game on the Wii that i'd call "brilliant" though no more heroes was really fun (and the motion contols actually added to the experience, which was great). Maybe i'm wierd here, but I do not care at all about nintendo made exclusives, it feels like the same thing over and over to me. I will buy a Wii if they get the 3rd party situation sorted out and have a nice variety of non-nintendo single player games.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka