By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you plan on getting another console this gen? When?

Mars said:
Hell no, 360 is a joke while wii is useless.

Maybe a new PC.

Surprising that someone who drops down and slaps on the kneepads every time a Sony exec releases a press statement doesn't want any other console, ever.

Absolutely shocking. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

If you own a PS3 and an XBox 360 there seriously is no point in getting a Nintendo Wii. The cost of a Wii console equals four brand new games or up to 10 second hand games on the two consoles I already own.

Rock_on_2008 said:
If you own a PS3 and an XBox 360 there seriously is no point in getting a Nintendo Wii. The cost of a Wii console equals four brand new games or up to 10 second hand games on the two consoles I already own.

You're really missing out. While the 360 and PS3 are great machines, the Wii offers its own brand of gaming and frankly, I think it's brilliant.

On the other hand, I have a hard time seriously considering anyone a real "gamer" if they only own a Wii and not a 360, PS3, or PC rig alongside it. The Wii a limited experience, no matter how you look at it. Gaming suddenly became fragmented with the DS/Wii and if you want the full experience, you have to own multiple consoles and handhelds now.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I might buy a PS3 either next year if the price drops another $100 and some games I care about come out, or if my 360 finally dies and cheap guaranteed to actually work 360s haven't hit he market.

flagship said:
I might buy a PS3 either next year if the price drops another $100 and some games I care about come out, or if my 360 finally dies and cheap guaranteed to actually work 360s haven't hit he market.
I don't think it will drop from 400 to 100. Maybe 300 at the most. In a about 3 years you could see 100.

Around the Network

The only way I'll get another console this generation is if one of them manages to meet my wanted game and price requirements. Neither PS3 nor 360 has managed this, and neither is on track to any time soon either.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

I've already got a 360 and Wii, I'm going to try to save up for a PS3 and I'll hopefully get it by this year.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

I plan on getting a 360 sometime this year. While my ps3 has a lot more games that interest me, the 360 has enough coming out or that are already out to justify the purchase.

i got the best combo already ps360 but Im planning on buying the Street fighter IV arcade machine =)

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

sc94597 said:
flagship said:
I don't think it will drop from 400 to 100. Maybe 300 at the most. In a about 3 years you could see 100.

I didn't realize a $100 price drop constituted a $300 decrease in system cost.