By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you plan on getting another console this gen? When?

Probably not. I'm quite satisfied with my PC and Wii.

Around the Network

I will be purchasing only one console and that is the Wii. It should arrive tomorrow actually. Already bought SMG, planning to grab Mario Kart when it comes out too.

I plan to get a PS3, thus completing my console collection, when I get an HDTV.

I plan to nab a PS3 once it actually has games that I want out for it (besides Ratchet & Uncharted).

I plan to get a PSP as soon as they drop below $100 new - likely when Sony stops supporting it.

I'm pretty happy with my Wii60DS setup right now, since I have a lot of old games to catch up on as well.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I was thinking about picking up a Wii, then trashing it and burning it when I got home, and then sending it to you, so you can see it's ugly insides

Around the Network

I have a Wii and it's my 2nd DS (My son broke the first one)

Next buy will be PS3 (Waitng for pricedrop, Resident Evil 5).

Good lord, I hope not. Even if another system was announced for imminent release, I couldn't see myself buying one. Three consoles and two handhelds are already too much.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I'll be getting one sooner or later. Right now I have a Wii and DS. I would probably already have a 360 and PSP at this point if my job hadn't been giving me lay-offs the last year or so. If I get my employment straightened out in the next few months, I'll get a 360 around the time Ninja Gaiden 2 comes out.

Still, it's going to be hard to resist PS3 for too long with MGS4 coming out. I also like the fact that if I do get a PS3 to go along with my Wii, I'll have whichever system that Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out on.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Ill get a wii when the price drops. im a tech head an I refuse to pay for hardware that is so easy to produce. 200 bux is the most im willing to pay for a wii or at 250 with a bundled game not named wii sports. Considering that nintendo hardware is the most reliable ill prolly buy a Wii used off of somebody with extra games and controllers for 250 bux. hell theres a good chance i might never buy a wii considering this girl imtalking to right now owns a wii.

other than that I already have a PS3 and 360.

Bought a Wii @ launch. Recently purchased a PS3... And when Starcraft II comes out... New PC!!!

THE NETHERLANDS