By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you plan on getting another console this gen? When?

o yea i did just recently get a new laptop so i guess you could consider that another way of plaing games . StarCraft 2 and Spore is all that im waiting for on the pc side though.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Crabmaster2000 said:
I was going to get a 360 soon but after hearing users reviews of a few of the games I was interested in I'm going to wait for:
a) Price Drop
b) RRoD fixed (for the most part)
c) More than 1 game that really interests me in the system
If a few of the RPGs coming out in the fall are any good I might break down but it most likely be next year or later.

B.) Whats fixed for RROD? Since it means general hardware fault. All Xboxes can RROD, even after they go 45nm. 

C.) What games do you like? 

Myself I want to get a Wii in April to round out my collection. 

B) I kinda meant (and didnt express it very well) that they need to make a hardware revision that drastically reduces the chances of a RROD.

C) Right now I'm majorily interested in Lost Odyssey. Other than that i'd like to check out Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon. I'm waiting to see how the Tales of game turns out. Not much else interesting me on the 360 at the moment.

i am already a proud owner of wii, ds, 360, and i have started to work on my wife towards a ps3( i think i can get her sold on the blu-ray)

Maybe but for now I'd rather sink money into building a new PC.

I enacted my plan yesterday, now I'm the proud owner of a Wii as well as my PS3. First time I've ever owned two of the systems of a generation at the same time.

Around the Network

I've concidered picking up a 360, but I'm not sure yet. I'll give it another year...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

I purchased a Wii a coupe of days ago and am extremely happy with it. I have no plans to buy anything else this gen. Unless 360 or PS3 go under £100.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Have a PC/Wii/DS. Will probably upgrade my PC before too long. (for starcraft2)

I was planning on getting a PS3 or 360 at some point, but I am already so far behind playing games that I want for my current systems. The number to ps3/xbox games coming to the PC as well is also delaying my purchase. I will probably pick up a new console after I get an HDTV, and when they drop to ~ $200.

At the rate the consoles are coming along, I MIGHT pick up a 360 when they make a slimmer, almost completely reliable model. Some of the games out on that system are pretty damn awesome :P and they seem to be getting more and more JRPG's, which I'm down for :D

The Wii is getting further and further away from my type of games, but if they pick up some steam on solid story focused games, I'd pick one up for $199. That way I could justify the purchase for Brawl/any other Ninty party game that might interest me. But as it stands I can't currently justify the purchase.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I plan to get a 360 by this summer to go along with my ps3. The ps3 has had plaenty of great games, but wanna get to play the games ive missed on the 360. I'm looking forward to playing Mass Effect, Gears 1 & 2, Halo, and all of the good JRPG's.

I have no interest in getting a Wii, it has nothing that appeals to me.