By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo FY2015 Q1 Results (WiiU: 0.47m, 3DS: 1.01m)

Interesting, it seems like Nintendo can make profit out of nothing! :D

Around the Network

Splatoon may brake 2mil with those legs

jijifox said:

will for sure

but the wiiU shipments are already down YoY.

thats depressing

10 millions of Wiiu, it's official now !

Edit : Shipped, not sold.

Ryng_Tolu said:
My Wii U prediction was 480k.
Very close. :D

I was waaaaay off with 3DS, i thought in 800k, but good to see is over 1M mar!

I was exact!:P  FUCK,I waas going to make a thread yesterday but it was late and I was drowzy(And afraid of a specific member here,who reprimands who ever make assumptions about sales),for 3ds it wasa  guess,although I was wanting a little more(1.1-1.2),I'm happy because 1m was the lowest I was expectinng and it's 200k+ same quarter last year,so NEW3DS has still an effect...As for wii u it was easy to estimate the worldwide shimpment by Japenese shipments/sales comparisons,Japan contributed a lot to shipments!:P

Hmmm Mario kart 8 as expected,332k shipments for the quarter,expected because it has become a trend recently,I mean they had again shipped the same amount in the previous quarter...Imagine bro,Mario kart 8 will probably be at 6.5m-7m by the end of the year(that's 1 year and six months,holy shit),wow,unless it slows down...

Around the Network
jijifox said:

It will be around 2m till september, at end of year will be around 3m.

endy.G said:
jijifox said:

will for sure

but the wiiU shipments are already down YoY.

thats depressing

Well last year in same time we had Mario Kart bundle, so down YoY was expected, I personaly expected much biger down YoY but looks like  Splatoon moved some consoles too.

tak13 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
My Wii U prediction was 480k.
Very close. :D

I was waaaaay off with 3DS, i thought in 800k, but good to see is over 1M mar!

I was exact!:P  FUCK,I waas going to make a thread yesterday but it was late and I was drowzy(And afraid of a specific member here,who reprimands who ever make assumptions about sales),for 3ds it wasa  guess,although I was wanting a little more(1.1-1.2),I'm happy because 1m was the lowest I was expectinng and it's 200k+ same quarter last year,so NEW3DS has still an effect...As for wii u it was easy to estimate the worldwide shimpment by Japenese shipments/sales comparisons,Japan contributed a lot to shipments!:P

Hmmm Mario kart 8 as expected,332k shipments for the quarter,expected because it has become a trend recently,I mean they had again shipped the same amount in the previous quarter...Imagine bro,Mario kart 8 will probably be at 6.5m-7m by the end of the year(that's 1 year and six months,holy shit),wow,unless it slows down...

to be fair, Wii U was easy to predict, 450 to 500 k was The most likely prediction. :P

For The 3DS i'm honestly shocked... Hope will be Over 1 Million even next quarter!!!!!!!!!!

DerNebel said:
Miyamotoo said:
DerNebel said:

Small(ish) operating profit, huge exchange rate gains lead to a healthy overall profit though.

Profit is profit. For last Q1 they have similar loose and now they have profit.

It is, just interesting. Sony should see similar exchange rate gains I guess.

I was checking this around two years ago. It seems that exchange rates which benefits Nintendo profits makes a problem to Sony profits. 

At Nintendo's overall profit is usually higher then operating profit. At Sonys - overall profit is usually lower then operating profit. I read an explanation that a lot of nintendo costs are still in Japan, so current exchange rates benefits it. And Sony was 'smart' 10-15 years ago and get its costs out of Japan. Which in current sitiuation of exchange rates makes it worse to them. 
That is a very simple explanation and was made around 1.5-2 years ago. But it seems current trend is still something like this.

A profit is a profit, even if the shipments are underwhelming