By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony financial results Q1 FY15, 663 million $ profit, PS4 ships 3 million

ShadowofYahrnam said:
54b yen is only $436m. I'm guessing they will report a loss as they have done so 56 of the last 60 quarters.

They posted a profit in 2 of the last 4 quarters. See, two different ways to say the same thing

Also, since they posted a profit for the same quarter last year, and are forecast to be up (not to mention they have turned around nearly all their segments), they will certainly post a profit this quarter. I'm willing to bet on it.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
ShadowofYahrnam said:
54b yen is only $436m. I'm guessing they will report a loss as they have done so 56 of the last 60 quarters.

They posted a profit in 2 of the last 4 quarters. See, two different ways to say the same thing

Also, since they posted a profit for the same quarter last year, and are forecast to be up (not to mention they have turned around nearly all their segments), they will certainly post a profit this quarter. I'm willing to bet on it.

Thanks for sharing your opinion!  I'm sure if they post a profit your stock in the company will go up a little bit!  Oh, wait, you don't own any stock in Sony but you still care about their financial standings because they make your favorite toy?  I own a Audi but I couldn't care less how they do finacially... They're a multi billion dollar company that is just trying to get my money, same a Sony. 

~Mod Edit~

This post (along with others) has been moderated.

-Smeags

ShadowofYahrnam said:
Teeqoz said:

Thanks for sharing your opinion!  I'm sure if they post a profit your stock in the company will go up a little bit!  Oh, wait, you don't own any stock in Sony but you still care about their financial standings because they make your favorite toy?  I own a Audi but I couldn't care less how they do finacially... They're a multi billion dollar company that is just trying to get my money, same a Sony. 

So Audi is devoloping intelectual property and making the devices you spent your hobby on? Cars and consoles/software are two different things

Tagging

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

ShadowofYahrnam said:
Teeqoz said:

As a matter of fact I do own Sony stock lol. What's the matter man, for someone that thinks I shouldn't care about if Sony makes a profit, you seem to care an awful lot about if Sony posts a loss or not!

Around the Network
Ruler said:
ShadowofYahrnam said:

So Audi is devoloping intelectual property and making the devices you spent your hobby on? Cars and consoles/software are two different things

^ Logic ^.  I spend just as much time playing with my Audi as I do with my PlayStation.  Cars are just as much a hobby as video games are.  

Teeqoz said:
ShadowofYahrnam said:
Teeqoz said:

As a matter of fact I do own Sony stock lol. What's the matter man, for someone that thinks I shouldn't care about if Sony makes a profit, you seem to care an awful lot about if Sony posts a loss or not!

I didn't start a thread about it, just stating the obvious haha.  

"As a matter of fact I do own Sony stock lol"  Now I completely understand your post history!  Thanks for clearing that up!

~Mod Edit~

This post (along with others) has been moderated.

-Smeags

ShadowofYahrnam said:
Teeqoz said:
ShadowofYahrnam said:
Teeqoz said:

I didn't start a thread about it, just stating the obvious haha.  

"As a matter of fact I do own Sony stock lol"  Now I completely understand your post history!  Thanks for clearing that up!

What? I didn't start a thread saying "Sony will make a profit! Yes!", I merely made a thread where I'll post the info from their financial report releasing on thursday. We have done this on the forum here for quite a long time. And you know what else is in that release? Console shipped numbers, which is kinda relevant on a site dedicated to tracking sales in the video game market.

Just wanna know PS4 numbers, maybe even updated sell through numbers if Sony is feeling generous.

Tagging

Do we have a chance for PS Vita numbers?