By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI Announced for PS4/3DS (2016) NX (Tentative)

Goodnightmoon said:
DerNebel said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Because I don´t care about PS4 and the 3ds version is a different experience after all.

Assuming the NX is a console.

Is not the official way of thinking on vgc that everyone saying that NX is just a hanheld is only a Nintendo fanboy in denial?

Now this is changing in some way? Is only a handheld now? 

I think it´s both, and is getting the ps4 version of DQXI, the console doesn´t even need to be very powerfull to move those graphics tbh

I think the NX is going to be a console, still doesn't make it confirmed though. ;)

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Arcturus said:
Skullwaker said:
I'm actually laughing at the people begging SE to drop the 3DS version. There is no reason for them to do it.

Exactly. They could easily port the 3DS version to NX.

:P   Not sure why so many people are assuming NX is a home console.

It's because the handhelds are BC so wouldn't require a version of DQXI.

Interesting point, but there are no guarantees that future Nintendo platforms will be backwards compatible.

sc94597 said:
So is Level 5 involved in development at all? If not, I'd be quite disappointed.

It doesn't look like it. Actually makes me quite happy, because that means that Level 5s PS4 is still something seperate and this game looks awesome already anyway.

DerNebel said:
sc94597 said:
So is Level 5 involved in development at all? If not, I'd be quite disappointed.

It doesn't look like it. Actually makes me quite happy, because that means that Level 5s PS4 is still something seperate and this game looks awesome already anyway.

I suppose you're right. Still, Level 5's DQ games were quite excellent. :)

Wyrdness said:
Hynad said:

Nintendo NX? Really?

I see the OP is trying to stir shit. Deliberately misleading people and clickbaiting.

It's confirmed, SE themselves confirmed it.

People need to get better translators and not royally screw up.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
I'm actually laughing at the people begging SE to drop the 3DS version. There is no reason for them to do it. They certainly won't do it to please a few people on a sales forum.

The only reason for them to is business reasons. I understand why they're doing it, but it kinda laughable to make your game PS4/3DS.

sc94597 said:
DerNebel said:
sc94597 said:

I suppose you're right. Still, Level 5's DQ games were quite excellent. :)

They truly were, well DQ8 was at least, I didn't play 9.

I'm so happy right now. Dragon Quest XI on 3DS is just perfect, it looks the way I wanted it to look, old-school gameplay, with 3D cell-shaded graphics...Thanks Square Enix, thanks for everything... *fall in tears*

outlawauron said:
Skullwaker said:
I'm actually laughing at the people begging SE to drop the 3DS version. There is no reason for them to do it. They certainly won't do it to please a few people on a sales forum.

The only reason for them to is business reasons. I understand why they're doing it, but it kinda laughable to make your game PS4/3DS.

Is it laughable? How, especially with the approach SE is doing it? :?

tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

Is it laughable? How, especially with the approach SE is doing it? :?

It is. It just looks like a CYA move, which I understand, but it's still humorous.