By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect: Andromeda to skip Gamescom

starcraft said:
FIT_Gamer said:
Damn really wanted to see some game play. I'm about half way through ME 2, it's become one of my favorite franchises ever already. Don't know why i never got around to playing them last gen.

Be keen to hear your thoughts on the ending of the third game when you get there.

I am one of the few that seems to think it makes sense/was good.

Its got to be just about my favourite franchise.

I played it several months after it launched, when it was already patched, and the ending I got (the green one) felt good to me.

OT: After showing what was basically a teaser/CGI trailer at E3, this piece of news is not that surprising. Hopefully that "more media and/or information by year's end" means real gameplay at the VGAwards.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
starcraft said:

Be keen to hear your thoughts on the ending of the third game when you get there.

I remember playing it and getting to the end and thinking 'Is that it?' This wasn't because of the narrative. I actually liked the ending narrative and the ideas behind it but what i think many people had an issue with is the idea that in this game series your choices were meant to matter. With ME2's suicide mission, they did. You could enter with a full roster and come out with 1 person or everyone dieing in it. ME3 felt more like, sure make decisions but the last one won't have any impact based on the one's you've made so far. There seemed little consequence for what happened after the ending.

Hmm, pie.

I never expected this at Gamescom, so...

BasilZero said:
starcraft said:

Its amazing, and very cheap.

Where you get stiffed is the DLC (some of which is excellent).

EA virtually never discounts it, no matter which platform you're on (PS3, 360, PC). In fact, if you see DLC discounted for your platform of choice its worth grabbing even before you buy the game. Especially Leviathan, Omega and Citadel. You'll absolutely want From Ashes as well, but its included with some new versions of the game.

I know ;(

I'm playing it on PC.

ME2 cost me like $6 but the DLC cost me $30 lol.

I originally bought all the DLC when it was first out on 360.

Eventually I rebought all the games for PC, and got some DLC during one of EA's once-in-a-blue-moon sales (yes, I am probably a little too keen on the franchise ). But I didn't get it all as I had already played through it once.

Definitely worth it for From Ashes and Omega though. Leviathan is just about the most interesting side-mission you'll see in the trilogy, its really unfortunate they didnt include it in the main game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

bananaking21 said:
gamescom and E3 are really close, specially this year. we will most likely see some info at PSX or The Game Awards. by then the dev team would have made a lot of progress on the game since its E3 reveal.

You're right, I know you're right.

But I am still disappointed!

Around the Network
The Fury said:
starcraft said:

I remember playing it and getting to the end and thinking 'Is that it?' This wasn't because of the narrative. I actually liked the ending narrative and the ideas behind it but what i think many people had an issue with is the idea that in this game series your choices were meant to matter. With ME2's suicide mission, they did. You could enter with a full roster and come out with 1 person or everyone dieing in it. ME3 felt more like, sure make decisions but the last one won't have any impact based on the one's you've made so far. There seemed little consequence for what happened after the ending.

I hear you, they did spend the whole trilogy saying your choices will matter. But they also spent most of it saying that the whole mission was a suicide mission, and that the odds were overwhelmingly against us.

I think people are mostly complaining because as much as we say we want complex endings that are often unpredictable, truthfully we normally want a big grand happy ending - maybe with one or two special chracters dying for flavour. ME simply stayed true to the odds they had outlined.

starcraft said:

I hear you, they did spend the whole trilogy saying your choices will matter. But they also spent most of it saying that the whole mission was a suicide mission, and that the odds were overwhelmingly against us.

I think people are mostly complaining because as much as we say we want complex endings that are often unpredictable, truthfully we normally want a big grand happy ending - maybe with one or two special chracters dying for flavour. ME simply stayed true to the odds they had outlined.

I get ya, I think the ending narrative was good, the 'epicness' of it was fine and the idea put forward great (as a big fan of AI in fiction). I guess it was the 'payoff' for gamers is where it lacked. They learnt though and added more to the endings and the new endings added a lot.

Hmm, pie.