By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts - WEEK ENDING 25 July 2015

Do the UK charts count bundled games or is it like NPD and doesn't?

Around the Network

At least God of War has some legs. ^^

Ka-pi96 said:
binary solo said:
Am I correct in seeing that every multiplat has PS4 ahead of Xb one? This is not often the case I think because in most weeks at least one multiplat game has Xb one ahead of PS4. And not always the same game. Over the last couple of months Destiny, CoD and TESO have all seen the Xb one version sell ahead of the PS4 version. I think I even recall one week where GTAV was ahead on Xb one, though maybe I'm imagining things.

Not quite. Battlefield Hardline is 40th for Xbox One and lower than that for PS4.

Ah, shows one needs to check these things right to the bottom of the chart. I see it's a re-entry too, I wonder if that's just fluctuations in that 40-50 range or if there's been something to give Hardline a tiny little boost.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

WoodenPints said:

Do the UK charts count bundled games or is it like NPD and doesn't?

Yes, they do.

binary solo said:
Am I correct in seeing that every multiplat has PS4 ahead of Xb one? This is not often the case I think because in most weeks at least one multiplat game has Xb one ahead of PS4. And not always the same game. Over the last couple of months Destiny, CoD and TESO have all seen the Xb one version sell ahead of the PS4 version. I think I even recall one week where GTAV was ahead on Xb one, though maybe I'm imagining things.

Well, new releases, with the exception of ESO, usually sell better on PS4. "Winning" in a week after release is not really winning for either console because sales are quite low out of top 10 so the difference could be a few hundreds.

Around the Network
binary solo said:

When you do sometime of deal/discount in a game it get up in the chart and most times the deals happened for one specific version... that put a version over other in one week or more (depending of the deal/price).

That didn't mean the game sold more in that version because you can be sure most sales happens in the first weeks where PS4 is just having a big lead with close to twice the amount of units sold by Xbone in 99% of the games (one exception was ESO and some titles at launch when the userbase difference was not that big).

PS4 is accounting for 60-65% of the sales for each new release... that won't change and most probable will get bigger.