By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shadow of the Colossus... Not really enjoying it?

I have Shadow of the Colossus/ICO HD on PS3 after the immense praise the two titles received and am up to the second boss and so far have been really unimpressed. Does it get better? Should I stick with it or is it simply going around finding bosses, attacking their weak points etc? Please no spoilers :) Am just struggling to like this game right now.

Around the Network

If the first boss didn't put you in the vibe, I don't know what will. The game does get more interesting (different and bigger bosses) and the final boss is just a spectacle. However, if you're not having fun with it I wouldn't push myself to finish it.

And honestly that's OK.

Hmmm I really want to like it. I enjoyed what I played in ICO... I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Got a bit frustrated with the controls and camera.

Shadow of the collosus is a fantastic game but it is unusual. Never liked Ico though.

Ive tried to play it a few times and as much as I want to like it, I just can't get into it.
The controls are just aweful, even for ps2 era standard. Puts me off everytime...

Around the Network

Its a meh game. Overrated as hell.

It's not a game for everyone, I tried to play it, but the controls are terrible, really empty world, visually dull, only nice thing is the music.

It has a rather majestic feel to it, but that may not have aged well. Many games that are praised to the hilt were loved for providing something that hadn't really been experienced yet... You won't have the same experience playing it for the first time today that you would have at release.

Yep the controls are the main problem of the game. But I would encourage you to persevere.

You can kill and eat the white squirrels (those are mostly on rocks often near save points), that will give you more time to "tighten" bosses: the circle on the UI will get bigger.

You can eat fruits too, those will give you more stamina.

This turned into a SOTC hate thread fast.

Anyways, the game gets better. Yes, all you do is ho around looking for bosses to kill and when you find them hitting their weak point for maximum damage. That's completely it.

But those bosses get harder to find and those weak points become harder to exploit. Its a beautiful game. If you can get into it. if you can't that's OK too, I mean I font eat fish but I'm sure a lot in this thread do.