By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am a Toys R Us Employee

I assure you, the moment my friend who works at Toys R Us gets a shipment of Wii's in, and sells less than half in one day, he will call me at work and celebrate, for after working in retail during the launch period, he has an intense loathing of anyone asking for a Wii, which translates into him really really hating the system.

Once I get that phone call, I'll tell you!

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

Wii supplies seem to be erratic in my area.

Once, I walked into a store to see 3 Wii consoles.  The next week, they were completely sold out.

Usually I see one Wii on a shelf or none.  In the case of the former, I can sometimes come back to the section a little bit later and it'll already be gone.

The sales numbers seem to be slowing down yet from what I see they're still flying off the shelves.  It's a bit strange.

I just went to the Toys R Us in my area (Near Joliet, IL)
I picked up a Wii for a raffle prize.

I got there at 10am and there were 25 people lined up

Simply amazing
I managed to get one but I imagine they sold out shortly afterward.
( I think Leo is just jokin' guys)

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Im not saying bod is lyin kids.

IM saying people are lying about the wii, just to make it seem its sold out. Toys r us is more of a kids attraction area, I would understand it sells out their.

mM

Well, Best Buy and Circuit City are electronics stores, and in the Chicagoland area... if it aint on the shelf that second.. its sold out.
So it sells out there too.

They go in, they go out.

http://wiitracker.com/
Sears has the only one right now, Bundle Free, as I type this.

So, take that for what its worth

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Im not saying bod is lyin kids.

IM saying people are lying about the wii, just to make it seem its sold out. Toys r us is more of a kids attraction area, I would understand it sells out their.

No, they aren't.

-and you might not have said that Bod was lying, but you implied it.

(and before you call us 'kids' next time, I suggest you check some profiles to see who you're talking to. Thanks.)

Thank you these posts Bodhesatva its very interesting.

And for all others the Wii is not sold out in europe and hasn't been for a while but is still sold out in the states. remember its a world wide web

cheers for the info mate...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Yep I definitely like these posts.

I'll put it this way. In my area (big city/subrbia in top 50 Nationwide) the wii couldn't be found at all in the spring, summer it started to occasionally show up, and now its mixed, still sellouts a lot. But you can sometimes find one randomly in stores.

Nintendo is definitely keeping supply low to boost this steady demand, rather then "flame out".

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Wow, I missed this thread somehow. Good one bod. My one anecdotal evidedence is (wait for it leo-j) it's still sold out here in the Kentucky, and Tennessee area. I was at Oprymills (huge mall in nashville, used to be a theme-park years ago) and while I was there checked all the electronics stores out of curiousity. All devoid of wii's. Here in Kentucky (where I actually live), I went to Wal-mart, Target, and Best buy trying to get a specific movie, and for the heck of it checked. All 3 still sold out. the only time I've seen a wii on a shelf here was at 1 AM at wal-mart (when I purchased mine, and me and another guy bought the last ones of the shipment) and once at target, and it was such a novelty I went over to the clothing department to get my wife to show her (she didn't seem impressed when I told her, so I had to show her. Women...), but by the time we got back to electronics they were completely sold out. They had to have sold like 6 of them in 15 minutes. Since then I haven't seen the elusive white whale.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.