By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am a Toys R Us Employee

leo-j said:
Im not saying bod is lyin kids.

IM saying people are lying about the wii, just to make it seem its sold out. Toys r us is more of a kids attraction area, I would understand it sells out their.

Let's not throw around the word "kids" so loosely.  You are the second youngest member of this site (other than Soriku) and the vast majority of us are 5 to 10 years older than you.  You implied that Bod was lying, when he's just reporting helpful information from his particular store.  Of course the Wii would sell out for longer in a Toys R Us than anywhere else... the Wii dominates the child demographic and Toys R Us is a story for nothing but that demographic.

Around the Network

I have found 1 in stock in my local gamecrazy every so often. Never in the Walmart though. Those are the only two place I go semi-regularly.

Who here owned a Colecovision!?
Raise your internet hands!

The term "kid" is typically used for anyone who likes Nintendo products.
I've actually never been offended by that term.

I still can't ascertain why people value one company doing so well over the other. Seriously... the better that all 3 companies do in competition, the better it is for all of us.
I'm actually happy Ninty is winning.
You know Sony and MS will have to up their game.
We reap the benefits of creativity.

If the PS3 won by a landslie,
I'd be a bit scared on what I'd have to pay for a PS4 =)

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

leo-j said:
People need to stop lyin. The wii is no longer selling out.
Denial.  It's not just a river in Africa.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

naznatips said:
leo-j said:

IM saying people are lying about the wii, just to make it seem its sold out. Toys r us is more of a kids attraction area, I would understand it sells out their.

Let's not throw around the word "kids" so loosely.  You are the second youngest member of this site (other than Soriku) and the vast majority of us are 5 to 10 years older than you.  You implied that Bod was lying, when he's just reporting helpful information from his particular store.  Of course the Wii would sell out for longer in a Toys R Us than anywhere else... the Wii dominates the child demographic and Toys R Us is a story for nothing but that demographic.

I go to Toys R Us all the time.  Ironically it's the only place i've seen a Wii in stock.  I think Leo-J just doesn't understand the concept of distribution and that the Wii can still be sold out in many parts of the country and yet not in other parts.

Heck it's possible for the Wii to sell out in some parts of the same city and not in others.

Around the Network

Circuit City must be a kids store too, because we can't keep our Wiis in stock either. Early morning lines and vouchers have ceased, however.

Shipping has changed. We no longer get them from UPS/FedEx. They come from our distribution center. (Though I'm not sure what significance that holds) We're getting about 25% more Wiis than the period up to the shipping change.

Kasz216 said:
naznatips said:
leo-j said:

Let's not throw around the word "kids" so loosely. You are the second youngest member of this site (other than Soriku) and the vast majority of us are 5 to 10 years older than you. You implied that Bod was lying, when he's just reporting helpful information from his particular store. Of course the Wii would sell out for longer in a Toys R Us than anywhere else... the Wii dominates the child demographic and Toys R Us is a story for nothing but that demographic.

I go to Toys R Us all the time. Ironically it's the only place i've seen a Wii in stock. I think Leo-J just doesn't understand the concept of distribution and that the Wii can still be sold out in many parts of the country and yet not in other parts.

Heck it's possible for the Wii to sell out in some parts of the same city and not in others.

To further what Kasz is saying here, each state is serviced by a range of different distribution companies.  Some are better at getting good distribution than others.

Jack of all gaming, D & H Distributing, Ingram, Star City Video, Video by Cycling, Key West Marketing, SVG Distribution, SMP Enterprises, Mecca Electronic Industries, MAS and Vast are all US distributors for the Wii to various states.  As you can imagine, distribution among that many distributors won't be perfect.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

whats been happening instore to the Xbox 360 sales with the Halo release dude?

Bodhesvata

Did you work this past weekend or the following one?

Inquiring minds want to know...

I did work. I'm mid Black-Temple raid, so I'll fill in the details shortly :o

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">