By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am a Toys R Us Employee

How does Heavenly Sword sell at your shop?

Around the Network

Interesting thread, Bodhesatva. I just read through the whole thing, hehe. Keep the updates coming when you have time.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

We got a very large shipment of Wiis in today -- 39. I just got off work at 5:30 PM, and at that time we had 2 left. So 37 have been sold thus far, and almost certainly the last 2 will be before we close for the night.

We are still out of Bioshock.

We sold out of MySims quite quickly -- not Bioshock quickly, but given the significantly lesser hype surrounding the game, the sales have been quite solid at my store.

I helped a customer buy a PS3 (and 3 games -- I chose Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, and Resistance, and he seemed to agree with those choices) as well as a 360. Our 360 sales have picked up slower than I expected: I was expecting to see more sales a week or two ago, but that didn't happen. Now it's happening, though: we've sold two in the last two days, and several other people made it clear that they'd be buying one in the next week as well. 

Heavenly Sword is not selling that well at my store -- but Warhawk is. We're on our second shipment. 

That's it for the moment, I think. Be back with more info soon!  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Great info, thx bod.

I called my local Toy's r us today and they sold out of Wii's by 11:00am. They had 30. They open at ten, but the lady told me that they opened early for the people who were waiting for the Wii. Crazy. I cant imagine when Galaxy and Brawl come out. If nintendo can keep up with supply they could sell a million units in November and December. I like this thread, keep up the good work.

Around the Network

People need to stop lyin. The wii is no longer selling out.

mM
leo-j said:
What does Bodhesatva have to gain from lying?  Nothing.  It may not be selling out everywhere, but it is selling out at his particular Toys R' Us.  Drop the fanboyism, please.

I would not be suprised if the Wii sold in September over 500,000 units.

Bodhesatva said:

We got a very large shipment of Wiis in today -- 39. I just got off work at 5:30 PM, and at that time we had 2 left. So 37 have been sold thus far, and almost certainly the last 2 will be before we close for the night.

We are still out of Bioshock.

We sold out of MySims quite quickly -- not Bioshock quickly, but given the significantly lesser hype surrounding the game, the sales have been quite solid at my store.

I helped a customer buy a PS3 (and 3 games -- I chose Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, and Resistance, and he seemed to agree with those choices) as well as a 360. Our 360 sales have picked up slower than I expected: I was expecting to see more sales a week or two ago, but that didn't happen. Now it's happening, though: we've sold two in the last two days, and several other people made it clear that they'd be buying one in the next week as well.

Heavenly Sword is not selling that well at my store -- but Warhawk is. We're on our second shipment.

That's it for the moment, I think. Be back with more info soon!

Thanks for the update.  One question: Are you talking about the DS the Wii or both "My Sims" version?

leo-j said:

Hello And stop saying people are liars. Its true Wii is no longer selling out in Europe though, i had no problems having them in store for a long time, probably since May or June. Bye.

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?