By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am a Toys R Us Employee

Good to know. Could be Toys r us has a bigger supply from Nintendo. Could result in higher numbers for the Wii, good to know. Any PSP slim in stock/sold?

Around the Network

True, any difference in uptake since the new PSP arrived?

As I understand, the packaging for the new PSPs isn't any different, unless you get the one with the game pack-in. Like, it doesn't say PSP Lite or PSP Slim or anything like that. Makes me wonder if it'll change how it is selling.

Thanks for the thread. Keep 'em coming!

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Dolla Dolla said:
True, any difference in uptake since the new PSP arrived?

As I understand, the packaging for the new PSPs isn't any different, unless you get the one with the game pack-in. Like, it doesn't say PSP Lite or PSP Slim or anything like that. Makes me wonder if it'll change how it is selling.

The PSP change has been VERY weird here.

We did not get any big signs or advertisements to put up about the change. That's very, very unusual for Sony products; they're usually excellent at getting tons of ads/marketing out about their new products or changes. For example, we had TWO big posters advertising the 500 dollar PS3. 

Consequently, I've seen very little change with the PSP. We've sold one bundle, that's it. No rush or anything. We'll see though, it may be one of those things that picks up steam -- the DS to DS Lite transition worked that way at our store, with a similar lack of advertising.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Now that all the other charts have shown that Wii is not selling at the numbers it was, I wonder if you can inform us whether or not it is due to softening demand or decreased supply, at least at your store.

Also, how are pre-orders going for Halo 3 as well as other games in the near future? For instance, do people pre-order SMG or anything else?

Around the Network

Neither, Faquinteros. If you look, the sales this week are maybe 8-10 percent below what they were two weeks ago.

That's too small a discrepancy for me to calculate. I need substantial increases/decreases to notice anything real at my particular store. I'm still sold out, and I still get calls looking for Wiis all the time. That's the best I can do.

I worked again yesterday, but they were short floor personell so I ended up not working electronics. I'll work again in the Electronics Department on Sunday (When we get more Wiis by the way).  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

It looks like demand for the Wii is down in Japan at the moment. This may be one of the reasons you've been observing shipment increases. Let us know how big the Sunday shipment is and how long it takes to sell out, please.

Bodhesatva: Don't forget to count the Wii's very exactly. It would interest me if the numbers goes up or stay static.

When you say "sold out of Bioshock", how many is that?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

yes! i'm excited to hear bodhesatva's impressions of today's sales. mirrors what i've heard in chicago area from larger retailers - weekly wii shipments and not bi-weekly. also, PS3 has tanked again while XBOX360 has understandably gone sky high although not to the point of selling out stock.