By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I'm a new PC gamer, please recommend me some classic games

Captain_Yuri said:

2 Pages of PC games and no recommendation of Half Life or Half Life 2? Yall be cray cray! (Unless I missed it)

Oh and Command and Conquer games

Half-Life 3 confirmed?

I recommended them on the third page though.

Around the Network

I would highly recommend the classic adventure games like Day of the Tentacle and Monkey Island. There are also quite a few more obscure ones, like ToonStruck, that are fantastic as well. Fair warning though: a lot of the games don't run very well on your PC normally, so you're probably going to have to rip the CD onto your hard drive and play it through ScummVM. It shouldn't be too difficult, though.

These are some of my fav PC games:
- Deus Ex
- Thief The Dark Project
- Commandos Behind Enemy Lines
- Commandos Beyond the Call of Duty
- Carmageddon
- Heroes of Might & Magic II&III
- Max Payne 2

Of course many multiplats from previous gens are much better on PC on Max and with mods but many also don't have native controller support which is a bummer for me.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

So many!

Deus Ex, Half-Life 2, and StarCraft are essential.

I'd also recommend Portal 2, The Secret of Monkey Island, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, BioShock, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Half-Life, Psychonauts, and many, many others.

There are a bunch of Xbox games that made their way to PC that are also worth playing, particularly Halo, Halo 2, Mass Effect, and Gears of War.

Really enjoyed MDK 2
Depends on what type of games you are after really though

Around the Network

Thanks for all the suggestions! I've written them down... (seriously)

Any more suggestions would be very welcome.

Looks like I picked the wrong year to read more books

tripenfall said:
Thanks for all the suggestions! I've written them down... (seriously)

Any more suggestions would be very welcome.

Looks like I picked the wrong year to read more books

It would help if you try to narrow it down to your favorite genres - PC library is insanely massive, given how far you can go in the past.

If you have cool friends get GMod from Steam.

If you want more info just search for "GMod" on youtube and have fun!

Grim Fandango! Really, that is a true classic.

Also the Half-Lifes, the Portals, get Skyrim and mod the shit out of it, buy Sanctum 2 as well.

Guild Wars 2
TERA
Trove