By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something is wrong between Square Enix and Microsoft ? Tomb Raider

Samus Aran said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

They are getting "more good games" I'm talking about the wait. It's irrelevant due to U4 release. If anything it is a benefit because Sony only players can pick it up later with packed in DLC at a reduced price and still have IMO a better game in the mean time.

The games aren't even out yet, so excuse me if I don't take your opinion all that seriously. Trying to spin a one-year delay as a good thing is new to me though.

I'm not spining the delay as a " good thing", just not as bad as it could be without U4 and extra pack in DLC and reduced cost. Very few Sony fans would by both if they launched simultaneously anyway. Also my opinion of the games is an expectation set by previous iterations and developer credentials, and i don't care if you take it seriously or not.

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:
Aerys said:

It was obviously not a part of the deal to announce the PS4 version months before One release, now some will obviously wait instead of buying a console for one game, and even PC version, before X1 release, is that a mistake from Square Enix or ... ?

What do you think ?

Not sure sure if many people out there were really considering getting a Xbone only for Tomb Raider.   It's a good game, but not as compelling as GoW and Halo. Far from that honestly.

I would have done that,that's how much I love the series,no I don't have to. 

Aerys said:
RavenXtra said:
How can you state something is obvious without having any information to back you up? Just sounds like conjecture to stir the pot to me.

You really think Spencer would have allowed in the deal to announce the PS4 version before X1 version release ? It seems impossible. It just decrease the potential sales considerably while they paid for this deal, this makes no sense

Maybe a mistake from someone working at square enix, but now, too late to fix it

Or perhaps the question is do you really think Square Enix would have granted aMS an exclusivity window with the proviso that they had to keep mum on the whole thing until after the initial launch of the game? Remember Xbox needs this game more than SE needs the Xbox. I simply don't think MS had an leverage in this deal (moneyhatting aside) to require Square Enix to amstring future efforts to market the game.

This is a nothing burger IMHO. We already know it's a timed exclusive. It's just we now have a better idea for how long. And it'll be a year before any PS4 owners can play it on their consoles. Which is long enough for MS to get a good boost from the game.

dangerguy said:
It was always "exclusive" to holiday only. So from day one this was assumed. Plus people seemed pissed about the ambiguity anyway, now you know. People should be thrilled about this. Now it's very clear. I wish I had some clarity on No Man's Sky ever coming to Xbox One.

It's no different than Sony's deal with Destiny. They had "exclusive" content that was announced as not coming to Xbox until "fall of 2015."

No Man's Sky is a console exclusive and will release on pc & the PS4 simultaneously.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/16/8793657/no-mans-sky-launching-simultaneously-for-pc-and-ps4

Edited. I added a recent source and changed the original wording in my post. 

Soonerman said:
I hope Microsoft does a hostile takeover on SE and dismantle all their workforce and kill their franchises. That'd be a great way to tell them to f-off to them and Sony just for messing with them.

Did SE and Sony shit in your cheerios or something?

Around the Network

ITT we assume mega corporations are breaking NDA's just because, LOL.

RavenXtra said:
How can you state something is obvious without having any information to back you up? Just sounds like conjecture to stir the pot to me.

Conjecture with some justification. The PR contortions coming from MS and CD/SE previously in their attempt to not mention PS4, or PC, ports while not telling an outright lie by saying the game is fully (or console) exclusive, is very suggestive of something breaking within the last couple of days. Going from smoke and mirrors to a crystal clear multiplat, timed exclusive confirmation doesn;t happen without a pretty significant reeason behind it.

It could possibly be that any gag clause in the exclusivity deal expired this week. But it's an odd sort of week for it to expire. Though maybe not so odd. This week doesn't coincide with any major gaming event, so Sony doesn't have a vehicle to make any sort of song and dance about the fact that becomng multiplat is now confirmed. It is also sufficiently in advance of the Xb one release date that any internet buzz about the fact it's confirmed multiplat now will have died down before any RTR marketing really kicks in. It will only be the gaming forum dwellers that keep rolling out the multiplatness leading up to the Nov release date, and we consitute a very small segment of the gaming public.

Perhaps it's a simple as the fact that the PC port is coming early next year and it does seem to be sensible to announce the PC port 6 months before it happens. And there would be a helluva lot of internet noise if the PC port was announced but confirmation of a PS4 port was not. Especially if there was just more smoke and mirrors around the PS4 sitiuation (which there would have to be). CD and SE would be harassed from alll corners of the internet about a PS4 version, so better to announce both at the same time than one now and the other 6 months later.

Some people will still buy XB one for RoTR. But perhaps a few less than would have while there was still a sliver of a chance that PS4 would not get it eventually. While some people might have been deluded, or mis-directed into thinking PS4 was never going to get this game, I don't think anyone was under any illusion that it would not come to PC. So I think PC folks willing to wait were never really considering getting an Xb one just for this, so I don;t think the PC announcement will have any effect on Xb one prospects. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
RavenXtra said:

Conjecture with some justification. The PR contortions coming from MS and CD/SE previously in their attempt to not mention PS4, or PC, ports while not telling an outright lie by saying the game is fully (or console) exclusive, is very suggestive of something breaking within the last couple of days. Going from smoke and mirrors to a crystal clear multiplat, timed exclusive confirmation doesn;t happen without a pretty significant reeason behind it.

It could possibly be that any gag clause in the exclusivity deal expired this week. But it's an odd sort of week for it to expire. Though maybe not so odd. This week doesn't coincide with any major gaming event, so Sony doesn't have a vehicle to make any sort of song and dance about the fact that becomng multiplat is now confirmed. It is also sufficiently in advance of the Xb one release date that any internet buzz about the fact it's confirmed multiplat now will have died down before any RTR marketing really kicks in. It will only be the gaming forum dwellers that keep rolling out the multiplatness leading up to the Nov release date, and we consitute a very small segment of the gaming public.

Perhaps it's a simple as the fact that the PC port is coming early next year and it does seem to be sensible to announce the PC port 6 months before it happens. And there would be a helluva lot of internet noise if the PC port was announced but confirmation of a PS4 port was not. Especially if there was just more smoke and mirrors around the PS4 sitiuation (which there would have to be). CD and SE would be harassed from alll corners of the internet about a PS4 version, so better to announce both at the same time than one now and the other 6 months later.

Some people will still buy XB one for RoTR. But perhaps a few less than would have while there was still a sliver of a chance that PS4 would not get it eventually. While some people might have been deluded, or mis-directed into thinking PS4 was never going to get this game, I don't think anyone was under any illusion that it would not come to PC. So I think PC folks willing to wait were never really considering getting an Xb one just for this, so I don;t think the PC announcement will have any effect on Xb one prospects. 

It's also quite possible that for SE to remain quiet about the other versions required a set goal to be reached e.g. a set number of pre-orders, percentage marketshare, X1 consoles sold etc.

When that goal wasn't reached, they were free to announce the other platforms. That's my guess at least.

That is what I call: "Looking for horns on a horse heard".

This information had to come out sooner or later, and it just confirm most of rumours we´ve heard in the last year.
One year exclusive deal!

Almost the same as Destiny DCL content or COD map packs.

LudicrousSpeed said:
ITT we assume mega corporations are breaking NDA's just because, LOL.

ITT we assume any NDA was broken