By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WHAT IS THE BIG PROBLEM WITH FANBOYS?

Fanboys are amusing; I quite like them.

Around the Network

You shouldn't let the insecurities of others anger you, as that simply plays on your own insecurities. Any time you see somebody state something that's clearly an opinion as if it's a fact, do give them the benefit of the doubt and figure they just forgot to add "in my opinion". Though many opt not to and take such opinions to be a challenge instead of an expression of belief, that will at least put you above that sort of assuming manner.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Ma'am, it's just a little fun... besides xbots suck and wii fans are wiidiculous... J/k Ps-tripple... All the way :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Well, I prefer the Wii because I love where Nintendo is taking the industry, and I must admit I was pretty mad at Sony when they announced the PS3's price, but I wouldn't call myself a fanboy. I am angry at Sony themselves (because they are a bunch of idiots), but I think the PS3 is a very respectble system. Fanboys who just love their console undyingly and without reason attempt to attack other consoles or manufacturers.

I regret that I used to be a complete Xbot. On another forum a couple years ago, I won't lie, I posted a thread titled 'PS3 SUCKS!' and wrote 'Just thought I'd let you know :) ". I got flamed, I realized how stupid it was anyway, and I just stopped.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I don't have a problem with people hating on one system as long as they do it in a different forum than one designated for the console they dislike. The problem is trolling fanboys. Those who hate a game but can't resist coming in a thread about it and leaving some negative, disrespectful, flame bait comment. You have those who start blatant troll threads and the worst ones who pretend to be objective but clearly are trolling and then when people shout them down they claim their opposition are fanboys because of it. They then complain we can't have conversations anymore because the"fanboys" will get mad if you say "anything" negative about their console. You know, typical spin. The problem is people think their opinions are fact. Also these people don't stay in the forums for their console(s) of choice. You can't bring up a thread about what games you're looking forward to for a specific console without some troll purposely throwing in something about another system. Then you have the guys who claim they're not trolling, you just don't like opinions that differ from yours. (may be true for me and probably some other people on certain subjects but usually in that case they are just talking crap). The problem is they're annoying people who desperately seek attention and usually are banned from certain sites.

Around the Network
Blaiyan said:
I don't have a problem with people hating on one system as long as they do it in a different forum than one designated for the console they dislike. The problem is trolling fanboys. Those who hate a game but can't resist coming in a thread about it and leaving some negative, disrespectful, flame bait comment. You have those who start blatant troll threads and the worst ones who pretend to be objective but clearly are trolling and then when people shout them down they claim their opposition are fanboys because of it. They then complain we can't have conversations anymore because the"fanboys" will get mad if you say "anything" negative about their console. You know, typical spin. The problem is people think their opinions are fact. Also these people don't stay in the forums for their console(s) of choice. You can't bring up a thread about what games you're looking forward to for a specific console without some troll purposely throwing in something about another system. Then you have the guys who claim they're not trolling, you just don't like opinions that differ from yours. (may be true for me and probably some other people on certain subjects but usually in that case they are just talking crap). The problem is they're annoying people who desperately seek attention and usually are banned from certain sites.
Well said.:) 

Blaiyan said:

I totally agree.  I really get tired of all the fanboys that have to just give their two cents in a topic where it isn't required.  If there was a thread about Halo and some gameplay element, I'm not going to go in and give my opinion on the game.  If there is a thread like "Give your honest opinion of the game," which there was recently, then I will give my opinion.

I really don't hate any of the consoles like many of the people here do.  I do think the Wii should do the games its good for, and once in a while I think the Xbox fanbase talks way too much about the next Sony exclusive they will be getting, whether they want to play it or not.  And for the PS3, it won't be the PS2, but It's definitely not a bad system.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.