By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WHAT IS THE BIG PROBLEM WITH FANBOYS?

CaptainPrefrences said:
theres really no point in arguing with a fanboy, thats why i ditched gamespot forums and came here.

you cant convince a fanboy to see anything good in another console. they will stick by their console or games (halo) even if they suck ass.

theres a few 360 fanboys in my school and when they found out i sold my 360 for a ps3, they literally befriended me for a while, then they came to their senses

Eh?

So some 360 fanboys at your school found out you sold a 360 for a PS3, then became you're friend for a while before "coming to their senses" and not being friends?

Either you used the word "befriended" wrongly or else I don't undertstand what was going on in these people's minds. 

Around the Network

^ no they were my "friends" til i sold my 360 then they "befriended" me if that even i a word.

then they "came to their senses" realizing that the ps3 is actually good, but they are still fanbois of 360, and big ones as well.

but they wern t really my friends, just people i talk to at school and played with on live.

It's not that I think that Sony or Nintendo can do no wrong, it's that Microsoft can do no right. I don't know if that technically makes me a fanboy or not, but I love to rag on Microsoft at any opportunity. This extends to all areas of their business though, not just gaming, and it's been ever since Windows 95 came out.

CaptainPrefrences said:
^ no they were my "friends" til i sold my 360 then they "befriended" me if that even i a word.

then they "came to their senses" realizing that the ps3 is actually good, but they are still fanbois of 360, and big ones as well.

but they wern t really my friends, just people i talk to at school and played with on live.

Befriend means 'to become friends with', I think you might have meant 'de' instead of 'be'?

CaptainPrefrences said:

ok...so they were your friends....then you sold your 360 and they stopped being your friends?  Befriended means to make someone your friend so I'm sure you can understand the situation.  Perhaps "betrayed" would be a good way to go.  

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Lol....I've never actually heard of PSGays or WiiShits.....they sound slightly more harsh than xbots :P

ive never heard of those either

Torillian said:
CaptainPrefrences said:

ok...so they were your friends....then you sold your 360 and they stopped being your friends? Befriended means to make someone your friend so I'm sure you can understand the situation. Perhaps "betrayed" would be a good way to go.

befriended means to be friends with? god i have to catch up in english class

The thread title has far too many caps for me to even take you seriously.

Fanboys hate the truth.
Each console itself is gr8.

It's the exclusives they really argue about.

Although you do get the odd idiot who claims the PS3 is some sort of Nasa Super Computer. Which creates a massive war. :)

That they make threads/posts with all caps

:P