By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Calling all Nintendo fans, It's time to stop enabling Nintendo's failures

97alexk said:
FunFan said:

I have always seen Nintendo fans as the most critical of their company. How much more whiny can you get?

lol yeah and no xD Nintendo fans can be the most complaining and the most defending fans out there.

Nintendo fans bipolar confirmed? That explains a lot.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

Hi guys I play video games!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

97alexk said:
Clyde32 said:
V-r0cK said:
I agree with the OP for the most part.

I really dislike the really serious Nintendo fans that truly believes that Nintendo ONLY makes quality games. Like seriously stop kidding yourself, Nintendo's made some mediocre games too.

Don't believe you'll see many Nintendo fans defending Metroid Other M, or even mentioning Paper Mario Sticker Star. 

The good quality games just far outweigh the bad quality ones. There are enough good quality to make up the difference.

I will take up the task to defend Metrid Other M, and this is coming from a  huge metroid fan :)

I will take the task to defend Sticker Star then, coming from a huge Mario fan in any of it's genres.

I love my Wii U. That + PC = gaming heaven. Yes, I wish Nintendo would do better and sell more consoles and have 3rd party support for those who want the same broken crap EA and Ubisoft and Activison slop out annually. But I honestly do not care about those games. Nintendo needs to keep being Nintendo because I do not want 3 of the same consoles with the same games.

E3 this year sucked for me as a Nintendo fan. I have Splatoon, I am going to get XCX, I probably will get Starfox and Mario Maker, but what else is left? Zelda of course, but other than that we are looking at a dead console with its replacement around the corner. I have no idea what to expect of the NX. I really really hope it is all that and a bag of chips, but I am pessimistic. I do however know that I will buy it because of the guaranteed quality of Nintendo games that will be on it.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
97alexk said:
Fusioncode said:

Hello my friends, let's have a chat. Nintendo is a failure. No, that's too harsh. Nintendo is a failure this gen. Why? Because they're about to finish with their worst selling console and handheld ever. The WiiU will be lucky to crack 15m sales this generation. The Gamecube was a gigantic disaster of epic proportions and even that managed to sell 20m consoles. The WiiU can't even keep pace with the Vita. And almost all games that release on the platform flop spectacularly. That makes the WiiU a toxic platform for games in addition to being an outright disaster. 

Now what about the 3DS. Well it's not quite the flop the WiiU is but it's still a massive dissapointment. The 3DS is on track to sell maybe 65m units lifetime. Worst selling Nintendo handheld ever. Not even half of what the DS pulled. Even getting clowned by the PSP and getting wrecked by Apple and Google.

So what's my point? Well I just wanted to let everyone that it's time to stop defending Nintendo on everything. Nintendo fans, God bless them, have a tendency to never want to criticize their favorite company. That's not okay. You need to let Nintendo know when they've screwed up. You need to look them in the eyes and tell them that the WiiU is an unacceptable platform. Tell them to stop funding crap like Devil's Third.Tell them to stop prioritizing gimmicks over core gameplay that people actually want. Tell them to stop letting 3rd parties like Slightly Mad Studios abandon the console because they can't release competent hardware. 

If you never criticize Nintendo, they'll never learn from their mistakes. This is a good thing.

Thoughts?

Someone seems a straight out nintendo hater. 3DS is not a dissapointment, it sells very very good. 65 lifetime is not bad at all. I dont see what you see as an success, just because the last gen of consoles was sooooo good selling doesnt mean anything below that is bad. 

He didn't just compare it to last gen handhelds, he compared it to all Nintendo handhelds.  Being the worst selling Nintendo handheld of all time is a dissapointment.

actually virtualboy is the worst selling handheld of all time, and if 3DS manages to sell atleast 10 million more its still really good. I dont see where the OP is coming from, if we want to defend nintendo, then let us do it, just no constant bashing on others

Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:
97alexk said:
Clyde32 said:
V-r0cK said:
I agree with the OP for the most part.

I really dislike the really serious Nintendo fans that truly believes that Nintendo ONLY makes quality games. Like seriously stop kidding yourself, Nintendo's made some mediocre games too.

Don't believe you'll see many Nintendo fans defending Metroid Other M, or even mentioning Paper Mario Sticker Star. 

The good quality games just far outweigh the bad quality ones. There are enough good quality to make up the difference.

I will take up the task to defend Metrid Other M, and this is coming from a  huge metroid fan :)

I will take the task to defend Sticker Star then, coming from a huge Mario fan in any of it's genres.

I liked sticker star too xD Is it bad that i almost like every single game nintendo releases? xD They just make games so fun :/

Fusioncode said:

Hello my friends, let's have a chat. Nintendo is a failure. No, that's too harsh. Nintendo is a failure this gen. Why? Because they're about to finish with their worst selling console and handheld ever. The WiiU will be lucky to crack 15m sales this generation. The Gamecube was a gigantic disaster of epic proportions and even that managed to sell 20m consoles. The WiiU can't even keep pace with the Vita. And almost all games that release on the platform flop spectacularly. That makes the WiiU a toxic platform for games in addition to being an outright disaster. 

Now what about the 3DS. Well it's not quite the flop the WiiU is but it's still a massive dissapointment. The 3DS is on track to sell maybe 65m units lifetime. Worst selling Nintendo handheld ever. Not even half of what the DS pulled. Even getting clowned by the PSP and getting wrecked by Apple and Google.

So what's my point? Well I just wanted to let everyone that it's time to stop defending Nintendo on everything. Nintendo fans, God bless them, have a tendency to never want to criticize their favorite company. That's not okay. You need to let Nintendo know when they've screwed up. You need to look them in the eyes and tell them that the WiiU is an unacceptable platform. Tell them to stop funding crap like Devil's Third.Tell them to stop prioritizing gimmicks over core gameplay that people actually want. Tell them to stop letting 3rd parties like Slightly Mad Studios abandon the console because they can't release competent hardware. 

If you never criticize Nintendo, they'll never learn from their mistakes. This is a good thing.

Thoughts?

So we shouldn't support the Wii U in anything it has achieved because of it's sales?... LMFAO.

Great thread, I needed a laugh.

97alexk said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
97alexk said:
Fusioncode said:

Thoughts?

Someone seems a straight out nintendo hater. 3DS is not a dissapointment, it sells very very good. 65 lifetime is not bad at all. I dont see what you see as an success, just because the last gen of consoles was sooooo good selling doesnt mean anything below that is bad. 

He didn't just compare it to last gen handhelds, he compared it to all Nintendo handhelds.  Being the worst selling Nintendo handheld of all time is a dissapointment.

actually virtualboy is the worst selling handheld of all time, and if 3DS manages to sell atleast 10 million more its still really good. I dont see where the OP is coming from, if we want to defend nintendo, then let us do it, just no constant bashing on others

Well beating the virtual boy means nothing.  I think your mixing up bad sales with dissapointing sales.  Honestly did anyone expect the next handheld after the DS to sell like this?  Its sales are a dissapointment, but that doesn't mean they're bad.  The OP never said they're bad.

Telling fan bases what to think and what to feel doesn't generate the best atmosphere for discussion, and neither does drawing conclusions with such broad strokes. And as some have pointed out, the situation isn't as black and white as you've made it out to be. Not seeing anything good from this thread, so locking.

ReimTime said:
Hi guys I play video games!

Proud to be a Californian.