By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project Cars for Wii U Officially Cancelled

well i wouldnt buy it if it came out on the Wii U

Around the Network

They should just can all their projects for Nintendo. After this BS, pretty sure very few Nintendo fans will buy their products.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

chapset said:
I remember when people where using this game as an exemple of why the wii U isn't weak. In the end they didn't make it because the wii U is too weak what a shame

To be fair, the devs were kinda assholes/clueless and praised the Wii U's graphical capabilities at the start. As in "It's stronger than you think!".

This says less about the Wii U's capabilities and more about their commitment and proficiency.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That took a while.. :/

Still disappointed that they just dropped the Wii U version like that, but what can you do

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

So are the people who supported a Wii U version getting their money back?

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:

A many years old port of a game isn't a reason to buy the system. Especially since they betrayed the fanbase to do so and even when they are working on the sequel to this years old port. Its like a slap in the face to NX owners and its like they are disprespecting Nintendo fans across 2 generations.

They didn't betray anyone. They tried and failed to get the standard they were happy with. They can always throw it in as a free bonus with part 2 on NX.

We all know people would whinge it was crap at 20fps. 

Look at ACIV, so many whinging about small frame drops. This game woudl have had worst performance than ACIV.

Oh well, it would have flopped anyways. Good business decision by them.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I kinda feel like they knew from the beginning that there wasn't going to be a Wii U version and they were only using it to bring attention to this game.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

JEMC said:
It's official, finally.

Now I wonder when did they stop working on it: one month ago (before E3)? Two? Six?

We've never seen a pixel of the Wii U version.  Not a single soul outside their company has.  We just have their word to go on and their word is pretty useless after all their "show the Wii U's hidden power" bull followed by this fiasco.  Or even better, their claim they had a version running good on Wii U with the game holding up well in the most intense in game weather conditions.  Something tells me that was never the case. :P

I honestly don't think an actual version ever existed and never was going to exist because there is frankly no way they could have smooth sailing development for as long as they claimed they did and then suddenly it all goes this bad.  They just used the "Wii U version" to drum up hype.  They couldn't hope to compete with the hype machines of Microsoft, Sony, and Ubisoft pushing their racers but there was no such racer for Wii U and they used that to get lots of coverage from Nintendo focused magazines.  More than they could have gotten elsewhere.  

And lo and behold as soon as they got the big money of Bandai Namco behind them they told the Wii U fan base to **** off and delayed the Wii U version (that no one anywhere had ever seen a single image of) to oblivion.

The Wii U version was a lie, always was.  I'd would be stunned if they "worked" on it for more than a month before they decided it wasn't worth even trying because it either wouldn't work or would take considerable additional effort to optimize.  It was a publicity stunt, plain and simple, and a sickening display of dishonesty and disrespect for their fans and followers.   

This is especially hilarious considering how much they were sucking off the Wii U during development.